Brian Flores Lawsuit...

mcpapa

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I just feel like that's career suicide to throw out a claim like that especially if there's zero truth to it. 

Now, he could be taking a comment that was made in jest and trying to make it something it's not, but the burden of proof would still be on him. 

He’s made it clear that he understands the sacrifice he is making by speaking out.  As soon as he said the owners were racist his career was over.  The rest is just more fodder for justification of him being Kaepernicked.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

He’s made it clear that he understands the sacrifice he is making by speaking out.  As soon as he said the owners were racist his career was over.  The rest is just more fodder for justification of him being Kaepernicked.  

I could see him going back to New England. 

6 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

I hope I am wrong too.  He interviewed with the Saints yesterday and either had interviewed or is supposed to interview with the Texans.  I don’t expect him to land either job.  

My guess is either he doesn't take/get a new job or he takes a position coach job.  I would have to think some colleges would be interested in him too.  

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

My guess is either he doesn't take/get a new job or he takes a position coach job.  I would have to think some colleges would be interested in him too.  

I mentioned to someone that I wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up at an HBCU like Deion Sanders.  I feel like he will be too “toxic” for a PWI.  

Just now, PurplePride92 said:

I mentioned to someone that I wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up at an HBCU like Deion Sanders.  I feel like he will be too “toxic” for a PWI.  

Good points.  I don't know what "Prime Time's" staff looks like but I would think he would be bending over backwards to add someone like Flores to his staff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PurplePride92 said:

I hope I am wrong too.  He interviewed with the Saints yesterday and either had interviewed or is supposed to interview with the Texans.  I don’t expect him to land either job.  

3 hours ago, PurplePride92 said:

I honestly think he will still land a job in the NFL and possibly still as a HC in this cycle. I don’t think this really compares with the Kaepernick situation and how the owners basically worked together to keep him out. The Kaepernick situation would have hurt the owners in their pocket books because of so many fans getting upset about the kneeling and thinking it was disrespecting the flag rather than understanding the reason why he was doing it. So if any team signed him they would have got a lot of backlash from fans. So anything that could hurt their pocketbooks owners won’t do. 

With Flores it wouldn’t hurt their pocketbooks. I can see a lot of fans actually agreeing with him, or at worst just not caring enough one way or another. So owners wouldn’t be worried about backlash from fans in this case in hiring him. In fact probably would lead to a team being praised for being smart enough to hire him because he is a very good coach and deserves to be a Head Coach in the league.

Hopefully he lands a job this cycle (I think the Texans will hire him), and hopefully him doing this also helps create more change in the hiring process.  

Hue Jackson's story is a harder sell.  Browns' Owner Jimmy Haslem did everything he could (even if detrimental) to make Cleveland a winner.  So much so, people had to tell him to stop trying so hard because he was getting in the way.  Hue Jackson's implied accusations were pretty sketchy.  He said he got paid a bonus when they weren't winning and he would have rather they used the money towards players.  That's hardly an owner saying I'm giving this bonus to you because I wanted you to lose.    

Here's what Haslem had to say about Jackson's comments...

“I can’t think of any individual that I’ve worked with over the past 45 years that I spent as much time trying to help be successful as I did Hue Jackson,” Haslam said in the exclusive interview with the News Sentinel. “His third year, when our roster began to pretty dramatically improve, the eight games he coached we were 2-5-1. After Hue was dismissed, we went 5-3.”

I think these next comments are closer to the truth:

“Hue Jackson has never ever accepted any responsibility for our record during that time period,” Haslam told the paper. “He’s been masterful at pointing fingers but has never accepted any blame. I have accepted a ton of blame, and rightfully so.  There are a lot of things I could’ve done better. Hue has never accepted blame for one thing.”

Jackson made a lot of excuses for losing while he was in Cleveland.  The draft pick wasn't the one he wanted, the front office had too much power, etc.  Haslem is saying Hue is still trying to rehabilitate his image after being unable to win in the NFL as a Head Coach.  As one who has closely followed the Browns during the time period in question, Haslem's comments have the ring of truth.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

A talking point on the morning sports shows is that as a rule, black head coaches, when they do get hired, are going into no-win situations. 

A fair statement?

Mike Tomlin inherited a SuperBowl Championship team.  Tony Dungy was hired by the Colts that had Manning and were well on their way to building one of the best teams in the NFL.  Marvin Lewis seemed to be taking over a terrible situation, but went 8-8, 8-8, and 11-5 in his first 3 years.  Dennis Green, much like Lewis, couldn't win in the playoffs, but he took over in Minnesota and had a good solid career.  Art Shell's first stint with the Raiders was pretty successful as well.