Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is the problem with Brooks?

Featured Replies

Is there a problem or is he just not any good?

He isn't very athletic. When Kentucky plays against teams lacking athletic 3s and 4s he puts up big numbers. Against teams with size and athleticism, like Texas A&M last night, his numbers suffer. I've said before that Brooks plays like its the 1970s. A little stiff, doesn't handle the ball well against solid defenders.

53 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

He isn't very athletic. When Kentucky plays against teams lacking athletic 3s and 4s he puts up big numbers. Against teams with size and athleticism, like Texas A&M last night, his numbers suffer. I've said before that Brooks plays like its the 1970s. A little stiff, doesn't handle the ball well against solid defenders.

Agree with all of this.

3 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

He isn't very athletic. When Kentucky plays against teams lacking athletic 3s and 4s he puts up big numbers. Against teams with size and athleticism, like Texas A&M last night, his numbers suffer. I've said before that Brooks plays like its the 1970s. A little stiff, doesn't handle the ball well against solid defenders.

LeVon Williams 2.

Mr. Brooks just has not improved during his time at UK.

I would ask Brooks what his strengths are? What can he build his game on? I can't tell you what his game his. What is his best spot on the floor to score from? When he is in the game, I have no clue on what he can add to winning the game.

Was it the Florida game last year he came back and looked like a difference maker? That was probably his apex moment in a UK uniform, I'd say. I think it was a couple weeks ago where I said he just gets lost on the court, as in I couldn't tell you if he played 8 minutes or 38 minutes. Something just hasn't fully clicked with him.

I think you have to look at what he does bring, and there are things.  He understands the flow of the offense and doesn't take shots away from the true legitimate scorers on this team.  He sets a ton of screens and typically doesn't turn the ball over much (There have been some exceptions, yes).  He plays decent defense against a 3, 4 or 5 and on the odd 2 when needed.  I think fans believe he gets lost in the offense because he doesn't always look to "get his" so he lacks that scorer's mentality.  I believe he fits this team well for those reasons.  Replaceable?  Absolutely, which is actually another plus in my book.  Need a higher energy guy?  Plug in Toppin for short spurts.  Need another ball handler?  Mintz.  Need minutes for Ware or Collins?  There's your spot.  His mid-range jumper has indeed been valuable in games this year and he draws his defender out because he can shoot the three at times.  Flash?  No.  Good for this group?  I think so.

If Brooks was a steady rebounder would really help this team.  Your 4 cannot disappear on the boards and he does.  Yes he has improved his shot from the free throw line area, but stop shooting from the deep wings and limit the 3's.  He really needs a move down low that works for him inside to help with scoring. I really want for him to improve each year and it just hasn't really happened.  

6 hours ago, bulldog77 said:

Replaceable? Absolutely, which is actually another plus in my book. Need a higher energy guy? Plug in Toppin for short spurts. Need another ball handler? Mintz. Need minutes for Ware or Collins? There's your spot.

So every player that replaces him is better than him at that task and that's a compliment for Brooks?

Brooks seems to me to trying to hard to "Get his." Maybe, hopefully I'm wrong but that's the feeling that I get watching him sometimes. Another issue is that midrange shots he hit last year just aren't falling this year. I'm hopeful that his touch will come around this season, because I still think he can help us.

  • Author

Watching the game today he is completely lost and over matched!

On 1/21/2022 at 3:19 PM, gchs_uk9 said:

So every player that replaces him is better than him at that task and that's a compliment for Brooks?

Not what I said at all.  

  • Author

He needs a new strength coach as he is soft!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.