Jump to content

Alabama 27 Cincinnati 6 (CFP Semifinal)


16thBBall Fan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Cincinnati's offense failed them at the worst possible time.    They moved the ball on the opening drive each half.  Other than that, next to nothing.   The Defense didn't play too bad, they were just on the field WAY too much.    Overall, I thought UC represented themselves, and the group of five, well.   Will be interesting to see if, when they hit the Big XII, they can recruit an O-line that complete with the Alabamas of the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Went pretty much as expected.  Cincinnati didn't get embarrassed, they were just outclassed up front.  Great season for the Bearcats.   

That’s where UC has to start securing more 4 star guys.  Luke gets everything out of 3 stars and then some, but he needs more horsepower.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, The Raven said:

Cincinnati's offense failed them at the worst possible time.    They moved the ball on the opening drive each half.  Other than that, next to nothing.   The Defense didn't play too bad, they were just on the field WAY too much.    Overall, I thought UC represented themselves, and the group of five, well.   Will be interesting to see if, when they hit the Big XII, they can recruit an O-line that complete with the Alabamas of the world.

I think Alabama's defensive front was the problem. Their O line is really good (and huge). Line play is always the difference maker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, John Anthony said:

That’s where UC has to start securing more 4 star guys.  Luke gets everything out of 3 stars and then some, but he needs more horsepower.

I think Fick has what he needs at every position except oline. 6 sacks, 8 TFL, 6 passes deflected yesterday. Have to get better up front to compete with teams like Bama.

I actually think the defense played well enough to win yesterday. Held Bama to 27 points. 10 in the 2nd half  Offense was just really bad. 

Top 30 class coming in next year. Big 12 in 2023. Help is fortunately on the way. A lot of young talent that didn't see the field this year because of the experience they returned from the COVID option. 

I expect guys like Malik Vann, Josh Whyle, Javon Hicks, and Jabari Taylor to all return next year for the COVID year so that should help with the youth movement. All 5 starters on the OL returns as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Walter said:

I think Fick has what he needs at every position except oline. 6 sacks, 8 TFL, 6 passes deflected yesterday. Have to get better up front to compete with teams like Bama.

I actually think the defense played well enough to win yesterday. Held Bama to 27 points. 10 in the 2nd half  Offense was just really bad. 

Top 30 class coming in next year. Big 12 in 2023. Help is fortunately on the way. A lot of young talent that didn't see the field this year because of the experience they returned from the COVID option. 

I expect guys like Malik Vann, Josh Whyle, Javon Hicks, and Jabari Taylor to all return next year for the COVID year so that should help with the youth movement. All 5 starters on the OL returns as well.

No answer to edge pressure....but a bunch of teams have that problem with Alabama. Told wife they needed to roll Ridder and they did beginning of second half. Bill O'Brien had a great plan and it worked. OL and DL on different level. UC will just keep improving......unless Day heads to the Windy City in two weeks. In SC.....any rumors up that way?? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went about as expected. Alabama was just too much, especially on OL and DL. Still doesn’t take away from an excellent season by UC and they definitely belonged in the playoff, nothing will convince me that they didn’t. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, DragonFire said:

That'll be a wrap for anyone outside the P5 in the playoffs.  A shame too.

Is last night the end of the Big 10 in the playoffs as well? I mean Georgia was much more dominant over Michigan than Bama was over UC, right? Does that end the Big 10 in the playoffs? What did UC do last night that says they didn't belong in that game? It was an 11 point Bama lead till they scored early in the 4th quarter. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 9068 said:

No answer to edge pressure....but a bunch of teams have that problem with Alabama. Told wife they needed to roll Ridder and they did beginning of second half. Bill O'Brien had a great plan and it worked. OL and DL on different level. UC will just keep improving......unless Day heads to the Windy City in two weeks. In SC.....any rumors up that way?? 

Fick leaving is the last of my worries right now. Need to get better on the lines, regardless of who the head coach is. 

OL recruiting is improving (taking less projects with kids coming in with legit size and other P5 offers) and they have two 4* DL coming in next year with Shepard and Eugenio so hopefully things continue to trend up with the 23 class. 

Easy to point out the weaknesses and areas of improvement but I think we also need to take a moment to respect how great Bama and that program are right now under Saban 

UC has 2 losses in two seasons to programs that are going to play each other in the national championship next Monday. Tough loss but the program is still in great shape moving forward.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is one of those threads where I agree with everyone and there isn't much else to be said.  I will say during one short stoppages during the game the camera was on the players on the field and Alabama looked a solid 50 pounds more beastly per man.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

This is one of those threads where I agree with everyone and there isn't much else to be said.  I will say during one short stoppages during the game the camera was on the players on the field and Alabama looked a solid 50 pounds more beastly per man.  

Alabama players looked like grown men at virtually every position. The difference was noticeable. UC has some guys that are physically imposing for their position, but had no where close to the amount of dudes that Bama had. A lot of them looked physically ready for the NFL right now. Biggest difference between Bama and pretty much everyone else not named Georgia. 

Bryce Young was the only player I looked at and thought , "man, he's pretty small."

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not sure if UC would have won, but I would have liked to see how this game would have turned out if this game was played with only one week to prepare. When you give a team three weeks to prepare, especially when they have a great coach. The team that has the overall better talent will usually win.  If this game was like a normal football game with a week to prepare, I think UC would have had an even better shot. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.