Who’s your top four after yesterday’s games?

hrcarrier

It’s a tough call in ways, but I would do mine as; 

1) Michigan

2) Alabama 

3) Cincinnati 

4) Georgia 

Michigan or Alabama has solid arguments for #1. I get that Georgia was undefeated and unanimously #1, but losing how they did should put them at #4 in my opinion. I know that Cincinnati is in a weaker conference, but they finished undefeated and won their conference championship impressively enough for the three spot. If Georgia played Alabama closer, my mind would likely think differently. Thoughts?

• Like 2

1. Michigan most impressive back to back wins of the season. 

2. Cincinnati undefeated conference champ plus beat ND on the road.

3. Alabama, still can't explain A&M loss or struggle wins over Florida, LSU and Auburn. 

4. Georgia, best victory is over Kentucky. 

8 minutes ago, theguru said:

I will add this, I really don't care how the teams end up ranked but considering Georgia and Alabama played yesterday it would be nice if they weren't matched up in the first round. 

This! Seeding doesn't matter, but those two shouldn't play again next.

• Like 1

For me I'd go this way:

1.  Alabama

2.  Michigan

3.  Georgia

4.  Cincinnati

It's hard not to have Alabama leapfrog Michigan simply because they knocked off the #1 team.  Traditionally in the old poll system that would create some major shifts.  If Michigan was #1 instead, I wouldn't complain, but I think each of their losses is a wash relative to the other.  So, since Alabama beat the #1 team, I'd have them jump Michigan.

• Like 2

I don’t see anyway that they will have Georgia and Bama play again right away in the first round. I’m not sure who they will rank as the 1 seed Bama or Michigan.  However,  it doesn’t matter because I believe whoever they put at one. They will make sure the matchups workout like this:

UC vs Bama

Georgia vs Michigan. 

7 hours ago, DanvilleFan said:

For me I'd go this way:

1.  Alabama

2.  Michigan

3.  Georgia

4.  Cincinnati

It's hard not to have Alabama leapfrog Michigan simply because they knocked off the #1 team.  Traditionally in the old poll system that would create some major shifts.  If Michigan was #1 instead, I wouldn't complain, but I think each of their losses is a wash relative to the other.  So, since Alabama beat the #1 team, I'd have them jump Michigan.

Don't forget, though, that Michigan beat the #2 team just last week. I know that's what got them to the #2 spot, but may still be fresh in committee's mind.  Doesn't really matter in the long run, as the only difference will be where they rank Georgia and UC.  Matches are already set, they'll just use rankings to justify them.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, theguru said:

I will add this, I really don't care how the teams end up ranked but considering Georgia and Alabama played yesterday it would be nice if they weren't matched up in the first round. 

This.

The order doesn't really matter. We know who the final four are. However the rankings are, Alabama and Georgia should not meet in round 1.

Side note - Doesn't it seem like when we get to the end, this always works it's way out.