If Mark Stoops leaves...

Jumper_Dad

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

That’s on Barnhart, 100%. No way that should be happening at a school like UK. That is wild.

I thought the same thing... Fickell, Wes Miller, and Michelle Clark-Heard all get private jet access for recruiting trips at UC out of Lunken Airport.

I could maybe see some of the assistants flying commercial. That's pretty common.

14 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Stoops is at peak value right now.  We will see if he likes the attention, or if he actually leaves.  I think he’s staying.

I think Stoops has reached the "ceiling" at UK. Georgia, UT, Florida, and the SEC west with the addition of OU and Texas will make it tougher each year. He actually has a pretty good gig at UK, it's just perceived as a basketball school in my opinion. Nice facilities, but pale to the REAL big guys. Limited NIL in town. Tough recruiting.

8 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Agreed! He would probably be my top choice!

And how did that go at Texas? Houston was great. Maybe he knows this area better from OSU days. If Fickell heads to ND he may be a UC option.

9 hours ago, Bert said:

1. My guess is Stoops would not accept that, he wants football to have a brand new facility and let track do with the Nutter facility what they want.

2. I don't think the private plane travel is asking too much.  Stoops pay is too high for him to be wasting time in public airports waiting for flights.

Nutter joins the current UK football facility, there is no other place to build a new facility in close proximity to the football complex. However, the old baseball field sits right next to the outdoor track facility. The common sense thing to do would be to refurb Nutter to Stoops liking and build a new indoor track facility next to the outdoor facility. That way everything will be together for each sport. UK track afterall did produce several track medals at the last Olympics. 

1 hour ago, 9068 said:

And how did that go at Texas? Houston was great. Maybe he knows this area better from OSU days. If Fickell heads to ND he may be a UC option.

It went better at Texas for him than any of the other coaches since Mack Brown. Plus better than the guy that replaced him. In his four years, he won 4 bowl games, and also took them to the Big 12 title game for the first time since 2009. Now obviously a program like Texas they want to compete for National Titles, so he wasn’t meeting expectations for that aspect. However it wasn’t exactly horrible either, and honestly probably deserved to have one more year. 

If they could get him and somehow find away to keep Morrow on staff. That would be huge for recruiting because of Morrow and his ability up here around Ohio, and Herman’s ties down south. 

Also I agree he would be a great option for UC too if Fickell left. 

9 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Stoops does not fly coach to recruit. This was posted just yesterday and there are countless other pictures similar to this over the years. 

I was gonna say, I find it hard to believe they make him fly commercial. 

• Like 1