If Mark Stoops leaves...

Jumper_Dad

26 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Just asking Who, if he were to leave. I think he stays too, but there is always a chance.

If he left this year, just looking at the current staff, I'm sure Liam Coen would be mentioned (he was mentioned at UMass). Defensive coordinator Brad White might get mentioned, although his name hasn't came up in any searches. Jon Sumrall is being mentioned as a possibility at Troy.

If you go off staff, then who knows? Any number of possibilities. Nobody knew Stoops when Barnhart hired him so any replacement could well come out of left field.

• Like 1

The guy is making a mistake if he leaves.... unless there is an undercurrent among boosters. He's not going to get to the CFP until they go to 12. He's at what? 5+ million? Wins 9 games and goes to a bowl, everybody is happy, happy, happy. Some of these jobs open don't want a slow rebuild...they expect to win BIG now... or you are gone. Not a big UK fan but glad to see them doing better for all their long suffering fans. 

Bobby Petrino.   Just win baby!   LOL

But seriously, I don't think Stoops is leaving anytime soon.  If he did, I think Luke Fickell would be on the short list.  But with UC getting ready to head into the Big XII, I wouldn't see him leaving at this point.

Would someone like Urban Meyer give UK the time of day?   I don't see him lasting in the NFL much longer.   Spurrier only made it 2 seasons, and he was more successful than Meyer.  But then at the rate things are going, he may end up back at Florida.

16 hours ago, 9068 said:

The guy is making a mistake if he leaves.... unless there is an undercurrent among boosters. He's not going to get to the CFP until they go to 12. He's at what? 5+ million? Wins 9 games and goes to a bowl, everybody is happy, happy, happy. Some of these jobs open don't want a slow rebuild...they expect to win BIG now... or you are gone. Not a big UK fan but glad to see them doing better for all their long suffering fans. 

Sportswriter Andy Staples from The Athletic has repeatedly said Mark Stoops has the best job in college football. He's proven you can win 8-10 games per year, the fan base has reasonable expectations, and the money is great.

• Like 2