Scott at Boyle County Predictions/Updates

theguru

Who wins?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

6 hours ago, hoopsjunky said:

Can't compare Scott to Beechwood in terms of "another senior year". Just being brutally honest here but who would want to endure "another senior year" at Scott?! The program is/has been in a tail spin the past 4 seasons

Scott has never been a football powerhouse and most probably never will be. This is the third time they have made it to the 3rd round of the playoffs in school history (2015,2019,2021). This years senior class were starters and major contributors 2 years ago, so I think calling their 4 year careers a tailspin is inaccurate and a disservice to what they have accomplished at Scott. I know these boys have enjoyed having to "endure " their 4 years together at Scott.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, bmcrph said:

Scott has never been a football powerhouse and most probably never will be. This is the third time they have made it to the 3rd round of the playoffs in school history (2015,2019,2021). This years senior class were starters and major contributors 2 years ago, so I think calling their 4 year careers a tailspin is inaccurate and a disservice to what they have accomplished at Scott. I know these boys have enjoyed having to "endure " their 4 years together at Scott.

Great response to a completely idiotic statement. I mean Howelit just set the all time passing record at Scott. A “tailspin”?  Wow. 

As a Scott Alum, I know first hand how many kids, mostly parents, elect to not send their kids there based on BS myths. Scott is a GREAT school. And if everyone gave them a chance, their roster would be overflowing with talent. Actually, it already is. Fly high 🦅. Always a tough battle playing #1, one play at a time. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Brcatz said:

kinda like a beechwood team, Boyle has 22 something kids that came back for another senior year I heard.  Scott not one!!

The QB was the only one and did so in hopes of picking up a D1 offer. It paid off for him as he has an offer from UAB. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, WestDanville said:

The QB was the only one and did so in hopes of picking up a D1 offer. It paid off for him as he has an offer from UAB. 

I dont blame him one bit for doing so. Awesome kid, only taking advantage as to what is given. I have watched Boyles games and man is Gillis the real deal. So much negativity about everything anymore, how about some support sometimes! Congratulations on your offer Gillis!

• Like 7

8 hours ago, LoudenSwain said:

Great response to a completely idiotic statement. I mean Howelit just set the all time passing record at Scott. A “tailspin”?  Wow. 

As a Scott Alum, I know first hand how many kids, mostly parents, elect to not send their kids there based on BS myths. Scott is a GREAT school. And if everyone gave them a chance, their roster would be overflowing with talent. Actually, it already is. Fly high 🦅. Always a tough battle playing #1, one play at a time. 

Spot on! Academically, Scott has the best instruction of any of the three high schools in the Kenton County School District, ask any administrator. Athletically, nearly every program has had incredible success and is a regional contender every year in Boys and Girls Basketball, Boys and Girls Cross Country, Boys and Girls Track & Field, Boys and Girls Swim, Volleyball, Baseball, and now Football is joining the party winning 2 of the last 3 district titles. The next step is to compete Friday at Boyle County. Boyle is #1 for a reason and is a heavy favorite but it does not take away the success  of this season and continued build of the program at Scott. Go Eagles. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WestDanville said:

If that offer was committable i believe he would have done so on the spot. Good high school QB will make a fine NAIA QB and do really well. Especially after he wins his 2nd straight state title this year. Can’t blame the kid at all. 

13 hours ago, Paul Dean said:

I just have to say that Rebel is banished from the game Friday night.  He will have to drive to Gatlinburg and stream the game.  Sorry, just a bit superstitious.

I could go and run the 10 mile Cades Cove Loop every weekend! The Bears where cheering us along. The Place is Heaven on Earth.  

5B1C58F1-8914-49C3-B117-2D1D5EEB03ED.jpeg

E8EE63FF-4BE9-463F-9140-ADDF95340306.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

I could go and run the 10 mile Cades Cove Loop every weekend! The Bears where cheering us along. The Place is Heaven on Earth.  

5B1C58F1-8914-49C3-B117-2D1D5EEB03ED.jpeg

E8EE63FF-4BE9-463F-9140-ADDF95340306.jpeg

I don’t think that bear is cheering…if you look close I think he is licking his lips!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1