December 28, 200619 yr I think it's a 2 horse race, but 18%ers everywhere will want to throw in their own big man. Noah has the uncanny ability to completely dominate games without scoring much. He is not a great scorer, but he can score, and he is a very good passer, finisher, and is willing to set screens and hit the offensive glass. On defense he can shut down the lane. Part of this is Horford guards the big guys an Noah can play help defense which he is phenomenal at. He's also a tough match up for most teams. He's so tall, strong, fast, and confident in his ability to win that he outplays most competition.
December 28, 200619 yr I think it's a 2 horse race, but 18%ers everywhere will want to throw in their own big man. Noah has the uncanny ability to completely dominate games without scoring much. He is not a great scorer, but he can score, and he is a very good passer, finisher, and is willing to set screens and hit the offensive glass. On defense he can shut down the lane. Part of this is Horford guards the big guys an Noah can play help defense which he is phenomenal at. He's also a tough match up for most teams. He's so tall, strong, fast, and confident in his ability to win that he outplays most competition. I believe each compliment one another nicely. I would almost put Horford above Noah, by the slimist of margins. I always waver to who I think it is. I believe by the end of the year however, it will be Kevin Durant (if you consider him a big man).
December 28, 200619 yr 1. Noah 2. Oden 3a. Hansboro 3b. Horford Why: Because Stone Cold Steve Austin said so.
December 28, 200619 yr Greg Oden is the most talented big man in college basketball. Joakim Noah may be the most effective - but a lot of that can be attributed to Florida's style of play.
December 28, 200619 yr I think it's a 2 horse race, but 18%ers everywhere will want to throw in their own big man. Noah has the uncanny ability to completely dominate games without scoring much. He is not a great scorer, but he can score, and he is a very good passer, finisher, and is willing to set screens and hit the offensive glass. On defense he can shut down the lane. Part of this is Horford guards the big guys an Noah can play help defense which he is phenomenal at. He's also a tough match up for most teams. He's so tall, strong, fast, and confident in his ability to win that he outplays most competition. Noah might not even be the best big man on his own team. What does that tell you about the kind of talent Florida has? Before it's all said and done, Spencer Hawes out of Washington could very well be at the top of this list. Saw him go for 23 and 12 against Glen Davis and LSU. He won't get a lot of publicity because he plays out on the West Coast, but he has a great set of post moves and can shoot the jumper. Kid is a real talent and we'll probably be a very high draft pick in 2007 if he chooses to come out.
December 28, 200619 yr Greg Oden is the most talented big man in college basketball. Joakim Noah may be the most effective - but a lot of that can be attributed to Florida's style of play. But aren't we talking about guys under 30?:lol:
December 28, 200619 yr 1. Noah 2. Oden 3a. Hansboro 3b. Horford Why: Because Stone Cold Steve Austin said so. Hansboro? Even after his outing against Morris?
December 28, 200619 yr Before it's all said and done, Spencer Hawes out of Washington could very well be at the top of this list. Saw him go for 23 and 12 against Glen Davis and LSU. He won't get a lot of publicity because he plays out on the West Coast, but he has a great set of post moves and can shoot the jumper. Kid is a real talent and we'll probably be a very high draft pick in 2007 if he chooses to come out. :thumb: :thumb: Good call. Not sure he's Oden-esque, but he's really good.
December 28, 200619 yr In the long run, Oden will be the best but Noah is a pretty talented college player but I am not sure of his NBA potential. I think Durant will be a better pro than Noah.
December 28, 200619 yr I like Horford. Against OSU he showed the ability to hit from 15 feet out, and I'm not sure anyone outside of Hansboro can outwork him. Add to that his ability to bang and his basketball IQ. I would take Horford.
December 28, 200619 yr If Oden were fully healthy I'd take him. But that hand hampers him just enough.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.