Corbin or Boyle?

theguru

8 minutes ago, Bud_Kilmer said:

I will always take Boyle until someone proves otherwise. Corbin has the talent though.

That’s a fair statement. One thing about Boyle, they have a winning DNA. Not every team has that. 

Boyle thinner in spots than they have been in the past.  But the Oline and Dline have played well.  A couple of friends of mine asked me if I thought Boyle could win it again this year and my answer then was that I didn't think they could.  Not for lack of effort or coaching.  Just thought we were lacking a couple of key players on both sides of the ball this year.  But I've changed my mind.  I do think they can.  I just think there is less room for error.  If Boyle can get to the 4th round, from then on if they have a bad game I don't think they can overcome it.  Just less room for error.  But that's why you play them. 

• Like 2

Corbin. 

But not without acknowledging some trust issues with the Hounds. The talent has been there in recent years, but they always seem to stub their toe before reaching the finish line in late November/early December. This hypothetical game wouldn't happen before then and that time of year has been better to Boyle County than it has Corbin.

You also have to factor in the familiarity between the coaches. Each side thinks they know what's coming. That expectation of predictability can lead to the unpredictable. It makes a game like this harder to read than it might be otherwise. 

All that said, the stars seem to be aligned for Corbin from an experience and talent perspective. If not this year, then when?

• Like 1

I think I'll take Boyle simply because they have the experience of playing in the biggest games more in the last few years than Corbin does. Those kids know what it is to fight tooth and nail on Kroger Field to win the big game. I know Corbin has made some deep runs in the last few years as well, but not to the level that Boyle has. That being said... whoever makes the fewest mistakes will win because that's how good these two are. I think Boyle has the experience to make that happen, but it will be tight nonetheless. Boyle in a dog fight. 

• 5 weeks later...