Ryle vs. Dixie Heights Predictions/Updates

Raiders vs. Colonels  

45 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2021 at 11:00 PM

16 hours ago, Finkle Ray said:

Series is tied 14 all and 6-6 in the Dave Brossart era at Dixie. These teams are pretty evenly matched. I’m not sure I’m sold Ryle’s offense is that much better than Dixie’s. Both teams have only eclipsed 30 points three times. Both teams have been stingy defensively. Both teams have had similar schedules. I agree this will be a low scoring affair and the first team to blink may lose. If Dixie brings it’s penalty problem with it, they are in for a long night. If Ryle can’t move the ball and keep Dixie’s athletes off the field and sustain drives, Dixie wins. I’ll go with Dixie and the better QB, at home. 

Should be a great game between two physical teams who like to get after and have some nastiness to them. I like Ryle in this one by 7 - 10 points and expect Ryle to maintain their stellar defensive play - when looking at the 3 common opponents Dixie has given up 66 points and Ryle 27. Ryle's issue moving the ball has come in the form of false start penalties when they play clean they are able to move the ball and have in every game but St X and have some good athletes on that side of the ball as well. 

Dixie has a lot of weapons (Landers, Holbert, Hawkins and Rohlman if healthy) and a stingy defense plus homefield advantage which will help out and looking like the weather could be a factor Friday so the run game may play a big part. 

As far as who has the better QB statistically it's the Ryle QB in all categories but 1 and playing a St X caliber team is way different than anything NKY can offer so that should have helped him grow up a bit but Landers is a senior so has the experience edge and shows up well in big games so can the sophomore play at that same level Friday we will see should be fun. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, ukat1 said:

Should be a great game between two physical teams who like to get after and have some nastiness to them. I like Ryle in this one by 7 - 10 points and expect Ryle to maintain their stellar defensive play - when looking at the 3 common opponents Dixie has given up 66 points and Ryle 27. Ryle's issue moving the ball has come in the form of false start penalties when they play clean they are able to move the ball and have in every game but St X and have some good athletes on that side of the ball as well. 

Dixie has a lot of weapons (Landers, Holbert, Hawkins and Rohlman if healthy) and a stingy defense plus homefield advantage which will help out and looking like the weather could be a factor Friday so the run game may play a big part. 

As far as who has the better QB statistically it's the Ryle QB in all categories but 1 and playing a St X caliber team is way different than anything NKY can offer so that should have helped him grow up a bit but Landers is a senior so has the experience edge and shows up well in big games so can the sophomore play at that same level Friday we will see should be fun. 

Logan Verax is having a very good sophomore season at QB for Ryle. Fifth in 6A in passing yards. Looks like he has a good receiving corps.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2021 at 9:24 AM, nees1212 said:

Dixie needs to keep including all players in the offense to win.  The 2 man routes that they used against Cooper and CCH don't work.  Also, the health of Rohlman will come into play.  He left the SK game late in the game with a knee injury.  It didn't look or sound good as he was screaming before going down.  He's a physical runner and a key player in the secondary.

Rohlman is slated to start as usual. Tough as they come. 

On 10/12/2021 at 4:02 PM, ukat1 said:

Ryle offense didn’t move the ball much against Cooper either besides really two drives in that game. With that said St.X and Coopers defense is very good, so that makes sense for why their offense struggled in those games. 

Which I don’t think Dixies defense is as good as those two teams. So I I think Ryle will win this game by a score of like 24 to 10. 

• Like 1