USC Fires Head Football Coach

Bert

1 hour ago, SLINK said:

Jumper Dad, the full court press will be put on Mr. Meyer.

The longest he has stayed anywhere during his career was Ohio State for 6 years and Florida for 5.  He had plenty of 1-2 year stops during his career.  But unless the Jaguars tank early, I would expect him to stick around until the end of the season. 

19 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

The longest he has stayed anywhere during his career was Ohio State for 6 years and Florida for 5.  He had plenty of 1-2 year stops during his career.  But unless the Jaguars tank early, I would expect him to stick around until the end of the season. 

Assuming Urban doesn't take the USC job and the Jaguars have a season like last Sunday, his greatest regret may be not taking the USC job.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 7:44 PM, sportsfan41 said:

Jaguars could be looking at 0-10 or 0-11.

10 hours ago, John Anthony said:

I don’t think Meyer would work at SC.  I think the transfer portal as a whole now would create problems for him.  I also don’t think the NFL will workout well.

How so? What would be his issue, players leaving, not wanting to take transfers, something else?

10 hours ago, John Anthony said:

I don’t think Meyer would work at SC.  I think the transfer portal as a whole now would create problems for him.  I also don’t think the NFL will workout well.

Interesting take IMO. I usually find your discussion on college football to be spot on, but interesting you don't think he'll have success at SC. I'd think the portal could even help him.

6 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Interesting take IMO. I usually find your discussion on college football to be spot on, but interesting you don't think he'll have success at SC. I'd think the portal could even help him.

Meyer is very difficult to deal with.  I can tell you multiple stories of OSU players, high 4 star guys/starters, who would try to talk to him in passing and he would look at them with a look of “who are you, why are you talking to me.”  Josh Perry, a starter on our National Championship team told me after Meyer got to OSU he saw Josh in the athletic center and walked up to him and told him “I don’t know if you’re good enough to play here, you should look around.”  Josh said had the portal existed back then, he would have left the next day.  

Unless you’re JT Barrett or Nick Bosa, I would have avoided Meyer as a player.  I’m not sure that works at a “chill, laid back southern LA Hollywood campus.”  In terms of the NFL I worry he might be a Rick Pitino.  If I remember correctly Landon Young from UK got a taste of the real Urban on a recruiting visit.

• Like 2