Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most impressive week 1 win.

Featured Replies

Who had the most impressive victory in week 1. I think there are a lot of candidates but I’m going with Highlands.

Highlands, after Bowling Green defense faired well against Male in scrimmage, I thought they would have no problems with the Birds despite their offensive whoas in the preseason. The Highlands faithful have to be walking around with a skip in their step today.

Highlands is going to be the popular answer and certainly was an impressive win. However, I’m gonna go with Woodford county dismantling Glasgow. Glasgow returned virtually everyone off a really solid 2020 squad and were expected to have a good year.

4 minutes ago, BBN_34 said:

Highlands is going to be the popular answer and certainly was an impressive win. However, I’m gonna go with Woodford county dismantling Glasgow. Glasgow returned virtually everyone off a really solid 2020 squad and were expected to have a good year.

I agree, I’m trying to figure out what the story there was.

Franklin Co over Scott Co I would think has to be in the discussion. 

Franklin County’s domination of Scott County, most definitely.

All three listed above definitely raised my eyebrows as well as the Lincoln County 50-20 win over Somerset. 

It’s Franklin County by a wide margin, IMO.

I am going to call these most surprising versus most impressive. One week in, it is hard to know for sure how "impressive" a win is. These are the games that I consider surprising:

1. Woodford County 56 Glasgow 0 ... an unranked team beats the #5 team in 3A and beats them by this score. 

2. Pulaski County 55 Belfry 13 ... Close call between this one and number 3, but when you consider Belfry was ranked #1 in 3A, the history of Belfry along with Pulaski County being lower ranked than Franklin County - all that makes this score more surprising to me.

3. Franklin County 43 Scott County 14 ... Yes this score is a shocker, but Franklin County was ranked #4 and considered a title threat in their class. They are the 2020 runner up in 5A in an OT loss to Boyle Co. I don't think anyone is shocked at Franklin County winning. It is the margin of victory that is surprising.

4. Lincoln County 50 Somerset 20 ... This one is very similar to #3 above. The margin of victory is what makes it surprising more than Lincoln County getting the win.

5. Highlands 21 Bowling Green 18 ... On the road at Bowling Green along with recent history makes this surprising. Beyond that is the #9 team in 5A beating the #5 team in 5A. That doesn't make it all that surprising when you look at it that way.

High school preseason rankings mean nothing.  I worry about the home life of anyone who’s job it is to make such determinations. 

10 hours ago, TyroneBigsby said:

High school preseason rankings mean nothing.  I worry about the home life of anyone who’s job it is to make such determinations. 

Then I'd worry that you're taking it too seriously.

Highlands over Bowling Green. Think back to this Highlands program One year ago today. Not very good. But without Leadership and culture change they lose that game by 4 TD's. Just my opinion. You ask what the difference is? It starts with Discipline and Commitment. Highlands still has a long ways to go before they can start claiming any successes but Sat was a good start. On to Simon Kenton.

I would have to go with Highlands or Pulaski.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.