Brag on your Team ….

PurplesFan

Without talking about your favorite teams success ON the field, boast about your Team OFF the field. 

Talk about who coaches your team:

Good Coach? Good motivator? Staff?  Father Figure to the kids? Behind the scene hero’s?

Talk about your fans:

Passionate? Traditions? Super Fans? QB clubs?

Lets discuss the sidelines and the stands of your team! I want to hear great, positive opinions on each of your favorite squads, without talking about their success on the field!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mercer County

Our guys have had to arrive everyday at 6:45 am. Our attendance has been excellent. I really appreciate the kids and families making the effort to be there on time. This morning was our last early practice until the first Wednesday in September. 

Our community & school system are very supportive of our football program and eager to help kids. 

Small town, only school in town... Friday nights under the lights are special in Harrodsburg. 

• Like 6

St. X has great coaches that truly care about the kids and want the kids succeed in life so not always about winning or X's & O's. Coach Wallace is big on having a great culture in the program. There is great parent and alumni support. Parents host position groups on Thursdays before games and provide a meal and fellowship. Parents and/or alumni also pay for the pregame meals for the team before home games. Because of good support they have good attendance which brings in money to support the program. The school also has a great training staff that is at every practice and games. Joe Tronzo the strength and conditioning coach does a great job with the team in the weight room. I know a lot of teams don't have this kind of support, and it took many years to build up to this, and the team is truly blessed with resources.

• Like 7

Bowling Green Purples

Although a huge coaching transition occurred a few years ago that perhaps many fans were not excited about, Coach Mark Spader has stepped up to the plate and delivered. He was able to keep most of the other coaches on the sideline with him which allowed for a good transition and a continued state of comradery with the players. I would think that most on this board would agree that Bowling Green, a public school, has a tremendous amount of pressure to keep a great product on the field. Coach Spader and his staff have not only done this but has built lots of respect with the student-athletes, which is of utmost importance for true success of the athletes on and off the field! 

Probably the secret sauce for the Purples throughout the years has been their Quarterback Club. Lots of time, energy and $$ has been given to allow the Purples the resources they need to keep the train rolling. Not every school has this resource and the majority of the true Purples fans knows that the QB club hits homeruns for the Purples football program every year. It began with the Beard family and super fan, Monie Beard (R.I.P.) His legendary personality was unmatched and his love for the program was contagious. The Beard family is responsible for much of the success for the Purples football program.

Anyone remember "PurpleHaze"? Michael, "Bulldog" Drake (R.I.P.) walked as tall as about anyone I knew. The wheelchair he resided in did not define him. If the Purples Football Squad had to point to a passionate friend of the program, it was PurpleHaze.

Lastly, my great friend Purples88 has been perhaps the best resource for Bluegrass Preps for the region he covers during football season; his love for the Purples ranks way up there! The amount of time he puts in to keep all of us knuckleheads in the loop, is quite remarkable.

All of the Purples football family is looking forward in enjoying the new stadium this upcoming season. Not sure if we can pull off another state championship this season but it will sure be worth the try.

BG Purples fanbase is hard to beat for a 5A public school.

Looking forward to more memories - Let the games begin! 

• Like 3