Evan Ipsaro (Cov Cath '23) Recruiting

Evan, a 5'10" guard, had 357 points, 137 assists and 66 steals in 23 games played as freshman at New Richmond (OH), and last year he had 443 points, including 43 treys, as a sophomore at Covington Catholic.

He currently has college basketball offers from:

Cleveland State University
Youngstown State University

• 4 months later...

Evan has already tallied over 1000 points in his varsity career, with 1095 total points, 738 of which were scored playing for Cov Cath. Not too shabby for a guy who hasn't gotten to the halfway point of his junior year.

New Richmond, OH 2019-20: 357 points (15.5 ppg)
Covington Catholic 2020-21: 443 points (15.8 ppg)
Covington Catholic 2021-22: 295 points (26.8 ppg)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a fun player to watch, he plays as hard as any TOP player I’ve seen play throughout Kentucky thus far for the 2021-2022 season.  He will make a solid point guard wherever he ends up.  

His work ethic and preparation for the game is off the charts so combining his individual skill set, work ethic along with the teams success making a run into March will definitely elevate his future college offers.

11 hours ago, The_Bull44 said:

What a fun player to watch, he plays as hard as any TOP player I’ve seen play throughout Kentucky thus far for the 2021-2022 season.  He will make a solid point guard wherever he ends up.  

His work ethic and preparation for the game is off the charts so combining his individual skill set, work ethic along with the teams success making a run into March will definitely elevate his future college offers.

Agree completely, really fun to watch, hard-nosed, and a basketball IQ that is off the charts.  He is also a terrific perimeter shooter, which I think gets overlooked at times.  

2 hours ago, The Professor said:

Aren’t most of the key players for Covington Catholic back next season? Probably going to win back-to-back regional titles……and possibly state titles. 

Cov Cath graduates two of their starting 5 this May: Mitchell Rylee and Mehki Wilson. They're the only two seniors on the varsity roster.

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Cov Cath graduates two of their starting 5 this May: Mitchell Rylee and Mehki Wilson. They're the only two seniors on the varsity roster.

I personally think Hussey makes a bigger impact than Wilson. Wilson tends to turn it over, and isn’t as capable of a shooter. Hussey has some game to him, can knock it down from deep and take it to the hole. Bigger bodied for a guard as well!