Evan Ipsaro (Cov Cath '23) Recruiting

4 hours ago, Instride said:

Hatton scored over 3000 and Ohmer carried a team for 2 years.  High praise.

And Evan is more talented than both.  Will play a bigger role at a bigger school (college) as well.  Won't have the stats of Hatton (obviously), but will certainly be more highly recruited AND will contribute more at the next level.  

Evan is exceptional, if you haven't watched him play, you're missing out.  Checks every box.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Double Deuce said:

And Evan is more talented than both.  Will play a bigger role at a bigger school (college) as well.  Won't have the stats of Hatton (obviously), but will certainly be more highly recruited AND will contribute more at the next level.  

Evan is exceptional, if you haven't watched him play, you're missing out.  Checks every box.  

Haven't seen him play but did see both the other guys play.  Ohmer played a big role on a "bigger" school in college.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Instride said:

Haven't seen him play but did see both the other guys play.  Ohmer played a big role on a "bigger" school in college.

Ohmer was at WKY for two years before moving to Georgetown College for two years.  Not exactly two large basketball factories.  Had originally committed to Pikeville College.

5 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Ohmer was at WKY for two years before moving to Georgetown College for two years.  Not exactly two large basketball factories.  Had originally committed to Pikeville College.

Your definition of large? and it was Cumberland.

16 minutes ago, Instride said:

Your definition of large? and it was Cumberland.

I classify WKU as a mid major basketball program.  You would be correct on the University of the Cumberlands, not Cumberland, that school is located in Tn.

7 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

I classify WKU as a mid major basketball program.  You would be correct on the University of the Cumberlands, not Cumberland, that school is located in Tn.

Ohmer was essentially a spot up shooter at Western, not exactly a "big role."  Important yes, but Ipsaro seems to be trending toward a more well rounded role at the next level.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 10:36 AM, BrosefStalin said:

Who is a good comparison to Ipsaro in the 9th Region over the last 30 years? 

I know he didn't have all of the natural abilities as Ipsaro, but I think Disken meant just as much to CCH.  To make a true comparison and will have to step out of the time frame and say Dicky Beal.

6 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

I know he didn't have all of the natural abilities as Ipsaro, but I think Disken meant just as much to CCH.  To make a true comparison and will have to step out of the time frame and say Dicky Beal.

James Bolden

I think the system CCH has, there PG has played similar throughout the years no matter who it is. I’d say he’s very comparable to Nick or Disken, but around 6’ and id say more athletic than the other two! I believe he looks to score more than them as well, but idk if I’ve ever seen anybody control a game like Nick could. But Disken and Ipsarro are a close second and third! Scoring wise he is a better scorer than Hatton and right there with Ohmer when it comes to just getting buckets. Very well rounded in that aspect.