Jump to content
Colonels_Wear_Blue

Newport hires Brian Weinrich as new head football coach.

Recommended Posts

As discussed in the open jobs thread. Confirmed earlier this morning by Joe Danneman, Fox 19 Sports.

Congratulations and good luck to Coach Weinrich and the Wildcats!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Coach Weinrich!

Congrats Newport!

Exciting times for the Wildcats. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an outsider looking in, the change in demographic from Highlands to Newport is a particularly interesting one for Coach Weinrich. Has he ever coached in an inner city public school before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to Coach Weinrich. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TylerDurden said:

As an outsider looking in, the change in demographic from Highlands to Newport is a particularly interesting one for Coach Weinrich. Has he ever coached in an inner city public school before?

What do you mean by "inner city"? How is Newport any different of a school than Highlands. Both are independent school systems and operate pretty similar. Only seperated by about 4 miles

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, AgainstTheGrain said:

What do you mean by "inner city"? How is Newport any different of a school than Highlands. Both are independent school systems and operate pretty similar. Only seperated by about 4 miles

Are you forreal?

Do you have any clue what kind of families are even attending those two schools? And you realize that like half or more of a local public school district's budget comes from property tax, right? Now which city do you think collects more in property taxes, Newport, or Fort Thomas?

Newport:
Median household income (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 - $37,435
Persons in poverty, percent - 32.4%

Fort Thomas:
Median household income (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 - $78,972
Persons in poverty, percent - 5.2%

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first game on the Newport schedule is now more interesting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AgainstTheGrain said:

What do you mean by "inner city"? How is Newport any different of a school than Highlands. Both are independent school systems and operate pretty similar. Only seperated by about 4 miles

Newport's poverty level is something all coaches in the district have to work through.    Lots of hard working players who have had a great work ethic instilled under Joe Wynn.    Weinrich is going into a situation where the expectations are not state titles (right, wrong or indifferent).  The school systems do not operate any where near similar, which is based upon the needs of the students of the district.   Like everything else in life, each situation requires an approach that fits that situation and not a cookie cutter system.    I do not know Coach Weinrich at all so I have no opinion as to how I think he will do.  As a Newport fan this is a big name hire that I hope can come in and continue to raise the expectations as Coach Wynn has every year during his tenure.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

Newport's poverty level is something all coaches in the district have to work through.    Lots of hard working players who have had a great work ethic instilled under Joe Wynn.    Weinrich is going into a situation where the expectations are not state titles (right, wrong or indifferent).  The school systems do not operate any where near similar, which is based upon the needs of the students of the district.   Like everything else in life, each situation requires an approach that fits that situation and not a cookie cutter system.    I do not know Coach Weinrich at all so I have no opinion as to how I think he will do.  As a Newport fan this is a big name hire that I hope can come in and continue to raise the expectations as Coach Wynn has every year during his tenure.  

Highlands fans back in 2014 thought he was a big enough name from his years of coaching there to be the head coach. Hope you followed along on what happened there and know why he isn't the coach there now. If he couldn't keep the winning tradition going at HHS he won't be able to get Newport to any winning ways. He had the everything handed to him at Highlands and dismantled it in a short fee years... Enjoy it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

Are you forreal?

Do you have any clue what kind of families are even attending those two schools? And you realize that like half or more of a local public school district's budget comes from property tax, right? Now which city do you think collects more in property taxes, Newport, or Fort Thomas?

Newport:
Median household income (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 - $37,435
Persons in poverty, percent - 32.4%

Fort Thomas:
Median household income (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 - $78,972
Persons in poverty, percent - 5.2%

Not about money. It's all about what you put into it. Can't blame not being able to compete on who gets the most money. Are you for real?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.