KFCA Statement: Playoff Format - Board Of Control Meeting May 5, 2021

Just got finished talking to Bryan Kennedy about yesterday's KHSAA BOC decision. He plans to air this today and tomorrow on ABC 36 News. I sure do appreciate Bryan and his love for KY HS Football!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2021 at 10:50 AM, gchs_uk9 said:

Is Hawkins the superintendent at Woodford County? Got his school moved out of the 11th Region and into the 8th, then was allowed to remain on the Board of Control even though his new region already had a rep?

Correct.

On 5/5/2021 at 6:52 PM, Voice of Reason said:

Why wait till 2023?

To change immediately would be to admit a big mistake.  To put it off two more years in their minds means maybe it didn't work but wasn't as big of a mistake as everyone thinks.  Big big ego's have a hard time admitting they were wrong. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

To change immediately would be to admit a big mistake.  To put it off two more years in their minds means maybe it didn't work but wasn't as big of a mistake as everyone thinks.  Big big ego's have a hard time admitting they were wrong. 

In defense of Commissioner Julian Tackett, when he presented the results he said, "Two-Thirds of the schools want this (sister districts) and I recommend we give them what they want."

When he said that, I don't think he meant 2023. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ChiefSmoke said:

In defense of Commissioner Julian Tackett, when he presented the results he said, "Two-Thirds of the schools want this (sister districts) and I recommend we give them what they want."

When he said that, I don't think he meant 2023. 

I think without Tackett they might not have changed it at all.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 5/5/2021 at 2:26 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

In the KHSAA BOC meeting today they said they are sending out a survey to football member schools to ask whether or not they are interested in returning to the sister district cross-bracketing format prior to the 2023 season. Based on the results of the survey, the BOC may vote on changing back to sister district cross-bracketing from the current "intra-district play" for the 2022 season instead of waiting until 2023.

6 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

In the KHSAA BOC meeting today they said they are sending out a survey to football member schools to ask whether or not they are interested in returning to the sister district cross-bracketing format prior to the 2023 season. Based on the results of the survey, the BOC may vote on changing back to sister district cross-bracketing from the current "in-district play" for the 2022 season instead of waiting until 2023.

Change it back to cross district ASAP.

• Like 2

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to KFCA Statement: Playoff Format - Board Of Control Meeting May 5, 2021
25 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

In the KHSAA BOC meeting today they said they are sending out a survey to football member schools to ask whether or not they are interested in returning to the sister district cross-bracketing format prior to the 2023 season. Based on the results of the survey, the BOC may vote on changing back to sister district cross-bracketing from the current "intra-district play" for the 2022 season instead of waiting until 2023.

18 minutes ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

Change it back to cross district ASAP.

I don't understand why they didn't change it last year. It's obviously what the sizable majority of coaches and administrators want. It doesn't affect anything with scheduling. The only possible reason to keep it as is until a set date is potentially budgeting issues around playing a first round game farther away but that seems like a huge stretch.

In my opinion, the only reason they did not change it immediately was to show the coaches association that the BOC doesn't immediately bend to their will, which seems petty but...

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I don't understand why they didn't change it last year. It's obviously what the sizable majority of coaches and administrators want. It doesn't affect anything with scheduling. The only possible reason to keep it as is until a set date is potentially budgeting issues around playing a first round game farther away but that seems like a huge stretch.

In my opinion, the only reason they did not change it immediately was to show the coaches association that the BOC doesn't immediately bend to their will, which seems petty but...

Totally agree with your statement.