KFCA Statement: Playoff Format - Board Of Control Meeting May 5, 2021

14 minutes ago, theguru said:

@ChiefSmoke what are your thoughts on the outcome? 

Could not be more disappointed in the result. Could not be more proud of the effort put forth by our KY HS Football Coaches & our KFCA Elected Council. 

77% & 65% .... not good enough. Incredible
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do we know which schools did not vote? I’m not looking for who voted which way but just who decided not to vote at all. There are a number of better answers than what happened. 

6 minutes ago, barrel said:

Do we know which schools did not vote? I’m not looking for who voted which way but just who decided not to vote at all. There are a number of better answers than what happened. 

Ones that didn’t vote probably didn’t care either way.

4 hours ago, ChiefSmoke said:
Could not be more disappointed in the result. Could not be more proud of the effort put forth by our KY HS Football Coaches & our KFCA Elected Council. 

77% & 65% .... not good enough. Incredible

I wish I could say I was surprised. They pushed that stuff through two years ago with no notice at all and yet this they have to wait two years this time around for no good reason. 

9 hours ago, DragonFire said:

I wish I could say I was surprised. They pushed that stuff through two years ago with no notice at all and yet this they have to wait two years this time around for no good reason. 

This is from an article that Joe Mathis wrote when this change came about two years ago:

Clevenger and Smith were both in the football advisory meeting that took place Friday, Jan. 11 when the topic was discussed and both said that those in attendance were vehemently against it.

“Every coach in that meeting adamantly spoke up and said they were against the intra-district play in the first two rounds,” Smith said. “You could play the same team back to back or you could play the same team within two weeks. Nobody in there thought that was good for high school football.”

However, the KHSAA Board of Control approved the change, citing one of the reasons was because concerns from members regarding the long travel distance and lopsided scores in the first round of the playoffs.

That vote caught both Clevenger and Smith by surprise.

“It was to my thought that they were going to discuss it at this week’s meeting and then vote for it in February when they got feedback. But that’s not how the whole thing went down. They went ahead and voted it in and that’s the argument that a lot of us have,” Clevenger said. “To not get any type of feedback from the coaches, I’m just not sure that’s a good way of doing business.”

That’s exactly what Buchanan said.

“It’s a bad plan and the way it came about was even worse. There was little to no transparency,” Buchanan said.

https://www.amnews.com/2019/01/18/area-football-coaches-speak-out-against-khsaas-new-format/

• Like 3

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to KFCA Statement: Playoff Format - Board Of Control Meeting May 5, 2021