Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who do the Bengals take with the #5 pick in the 2021 NFL draft?

Who do the Bengals take with the #5 pick in the 2021 NFL draft? 17 members have voted

  1. 1. What do the Bengals do with pick #5?

    • Ja'Marr Chase
      52%
      9
    • Penei Sewell
      41%
      7
    • Kyle Pitts
      0%
      0
    • Other Player (or trade)
      5%
      1

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

37 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

I may be alone, but I like what the Bengals have done so far. 

I like it also!!  The combo pick of Chase/Carmen is better than Sewell/whatever wide receiver they would’ve gotten in the 2nd round

  • Replies 94
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I like it also!!  The combo pick of Chase/Carmen is better than Sewell/whatever wide receiver they would’ve gotten in the 2nd round

Just to have fun. If they took Sewell and could have still did the 2nd round trade. Could have had a combo of (Sewell, Terrace Marshall, and Ossai) Or (Sewell, Carman, Dyami Brown), or (Sewell, Azeez Ojulari, Dyami Brown) Which also would have been very good drafts too!

Quite honestly all three of those combinations they could have had if they took Sewell, also would have been very solid. Just like this draft so far has been solid. 

12 hours ago, John Anthony said:

I’m feeling better let’s see if they close strong.

I think there's still a couple of DT's that are out there, that I'd like to see them get with the next pick. After that, I've got no clue.

Rounds 4-7 of the draft kicks off in just under 20 minutes. The Bengals will have 3 picks #6 (111), #17(122), and #34(139) in the 4th round. They have the 2nd most picks today with 7 total only the Eagles have more with 8. Could down the road be a good day for the Bengals franchise. Go Bengals!! 

The Bengals with the 111 pick in the 4th round select Cameron Sample DE from Tulane.

Since it doesn't appear that we have another thread for the main NFL draft, I will post this great news here!

Covington Holy Cross 2017 graduate and Purdue University senior LB Derrick Barnes was just drafted by the Detroit Lions in the 4th round!  Congratulations, Derrick!

To update up until now the Bengals other draft picks today after Sample. The Bengals took with the 122nd pick of the 4th round Tyler Shelvin a DT from LSU. Next with the 139th pick of the 4th round they select D'Ante Smith a OT from East Carolina. In the 5th round with the 149th overall pick the Bengals selected Evan McPherson PK from the University of Florida.In the 6th round with the 190th overall pick the Bengals selected Trey Hill C from Georgia.

With the 202nd pick of the 6th round the Bengals select Chris Evans RB from Michigan. That leaves the Bengals with 1 pick left in the 7th round at number 235.

The Bengals take for the final pick at number 235 in the 7th round they select Wyatt Hubert DE from Kansas State.

Even without knowing the 7th  round pick, I am happy as a clam right now.  Bengals addressed pretty much every need and added some quality depth. 

I love the additions to both lines, and think we hammered replacing AJ and Gio's production on offense.

Looking forward to this season. Only thing that'll throw a damper on it will be if Burrow's recovery is pushed back.

9 hours ago, futurecoach said:

It was a solid draft. 

DEFINITELY!!  Ready for the season to start!!

Can Wilson not return punts??  Can’t catch it??  He’s a weapon and doing both would free up a spot for another O or D lineman on the roster???

I looked at several draft rankings and everyone is giving the Bengals a B or B+. That is about where I would put it. Even though they passed on Sewell, the focus of the draft was certainly in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Much needed on this roster.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

I looked at several draft rankings and everyone is giving the Bengals a B or B+. That is about where I would put it. Even though they passed on Sewell, the focus of the draft was certainly in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Much needed on this roster.

This sounds about right.   I’ve heard everything from “they got too cute” to “solid draft that addresses major needs”.  

Let’s face it.  The Bengals have more holes to fill than one draft can fix. 

I’m going with a B -.  I think they got too cute trading from 38 to 46, allowing 3 tackles to go off the board before Carmen.  They got good value in the middle rounds, but to me it seems like they’re trying to piece together a questionable but more talented offensive line, than last years dreadful offense line.  It could work in the interim Burrow should get hit less, however, will it still be too much?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.