Who do the Bengals take with the #5 pick in the 2021 NFL draft?

Who do the Bengals take with the #5 pick in the 2021 NFL draft?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What do the Bengals do with pick #5?

• Ja'Marr Chase
    • Penei Sewell
    • Kyle Pitts
    • Other Player (or trade)

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Names I have seen bantered about for the OL...

Liam Eichenberg (Notre Dame)

Tevin Jenkins (Oklahoma State)

Landon Dickerson (Bama)

Walker Little (Stanford)

Samuel Cosmi (Texas)

Apparently there's the belief the Bengals may skip those guys, and take a DT or Edge Rusher instead.

I’ve heard they’re planning on O line in 2nd round and playing whoever they pick at right guard. 

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I don't think the Bengals are even going to get the 6th best tackle. I see a run of tackles here right at the start of round two.

That may happen. What helps is there are two defensive lineman that were projected to be first round picks that are still available. So those guys may go, or they could possibly even be in play for the Bengals if one of the OL they want is  gone. 

The Bengals are in a good spot to add a good player up front on one side of the ball in the second round. 

28 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I’ve heard they’re planning on O line in 2nd round and playing whoever they pick at right guard. 

I’m sure that is the plan. With that said if one of the OL they want does get taken. While a defensive lineman like a Barmore or Ojulari who both were thought to be first round guys falls to them. They very well may take one of those guys, and keep with the BPA approach they showed they are going with when they took Chase. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, futurecoach said:

That may happen. What helps is there are two defensive lineman that were projected to be first round picks that are still available. So those guys may go, or they could possibly even be in play for the Bengals if one of the OL they want is  gone. 

The Bengals are in a good spot to add a good player up front on one side of the ball in the second round. 

The analyst on the set seemed to disagree with Chase and Kiper stepped in and said, “they will address Oline in the 2nd round.”  Who knows though?

4 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Evaluators just said Bengals have the best 3 receiver set in the NFL!!!

Am I a homer? Absolutely. Do I think this is a crazy take? Absolutely not. I would argue this point pretty strongly. Chase will be a top 5 receiver in the league after this year. Boyd is one of the best true slot receivers in the league. Higgins is a high volume producer and is the jump ball threat. The only teams I think may be ahead are the two teams in the super bowl last year. 

• Like 1

Pricey trade up by the Patriots in the second round. The Bengals gained the equivalent of an extra third-round pick's worth of value here. Picks Bengals received were worth roughly 60% more than what they gave up, according to ESPN's draft pick valuations.

• Like 1

Just now, 16thBBall Fan said:

He’s a BIG BOY!!  Looks like a good athlete, will probably start at right guard and move out to right tackle after Reiff is gone

5 star talent, OSU wanted him badly.  He’s a vocal kid but not necessarily in a bad way.