Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who do the Bengals take with the #5 pick in the 2021 NFL draft?

Who do the Bengals take with the #5 pick in the 2021 NFL draft? 17 members have voted

  1. 1. What do the Bengals do with pick #5?

    • Ja'Marr Chase
      52%
      9
    • Penei Sewell
      41%
      7
    • Kyle Pitts
      0%
      0
    • Other Player (or trade)
      5%
      1

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

9 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I’m going with a B -.  I think they got too cute trading from 38 to 46, allowing 3 tackles to go off the board before Carmen.  They got good value in the middle rounds, but to me it seems like they’re trying to piece together a questionable but more talented offensive line, than last years dreadful offense line.  It could work in the interim Burrow should get hit less, however, will it still be too much?

I believe the Bengals executed their strategy well. I believe they wanted a guard more than a tackle in round 2. Carman fits the bill for that. The Bengals chose to sign Reiff to fill the tackle slot. That moved their first pick from Sewell to Chase.  In their minds they have tackle covered so in round two they were looking for a guard who might become a tackle. I believe they are not blowing smoke saying they would have taken Carman at #38. Knowing that is who they want and fully expecting him to be available at 46, they grabbed the  extra pick from New England. Not trying to get cute - just picked up extra value and still got who they wanted. I am not saying I buy that approach but I think Chase and Carman is what they expected coming into the draft. They got that plus an extra pick.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I believe the Bengals executed their strategy well. I believe they wanted a guard more than a tackle in round 2. Carman fits the bill for that. The Bengals chose to sign Reiff to fill the tackle slot. That moved their first pick from Sewell to Chase.  In their minds they have tackle covered so in round two they were looking for a guard who might become a tackle. I believe they are not blowing smoke saying they would have taken Carman at #38. Knowing that is who they want and fully expecting him to be available at 46, they grabbed the  extra pick from New England. Not trying to get cute - just picked up extra value and still got who they wanted. I am not saying I buy that approach but I think Chase and Carman is what they expected coming into the draft. They got that plus an extra pick.

I agree.   They got 2 extra picks from NE, not just 1 

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I believe the Bengals executed their strategy well. I believe they wanted a guard more than a tackle in round 2. Carman fits the bill for that. The Bengals chose to sign Reiff to fill the tackle slot. That moved their first pick from Sewell to Chase.  In their minds they have tackle covered so in round two they were looking for a guard who might become a tackle. I believe they are not blowing smoke saying they would have taken Carman at #38. Knowing that is who they want and fully expecting him to be available at 46, they grabbed the  extra pick from New England. Not trying to get cute - just picked up extra value and still got who they wanted. I am not saying I buy that approach but I think Chase and Carman is what they expected coming into the draft. They got that plus an extra pick.

If they wanted a guard over a tackle I’d give them an A- grade.  Obviously, Reiff is short term but maybe they can sign a younger guy next year or grab a tackle in the first or 2nd round if it’s still an issue.

1 hour ago, John Anthony said:

If they wanted a guard over a tackle I’d give them an A- grade.  Obviously, Reiff is short term but maybe they can sign a younger guy next year or grab a tackle in the first or 2nd round if it’s still an issue.

I’m guessing they’re planning on Carmen sliding out to right tackle when Reiff is no longer around

6 hours ago, John Anthony said:

I’m going with a B -.  I think they got too cute trading from 38 to 46, allowing 3 tackles to go off the board before Carmen.  They got good value in the middle rounds, but to me it seems like they’re trying to piece together a questionable but more talented offensive line, than last years dreadful offense line.  It could work in the interim Burrow should get hit less, however, will it still be too much?

That honestly is the big question. With Sewell he probably would have came in and at least been solid as a rookie. These other lineman they got, we just don’t know how they will be. I do think Carman has a chance to be a great guard. However, no one to know until we see it. 
 

They will be going into this season with at least 3 new starters on the line compared to last years opening day starters. A chance of 4 new starters if Hopkins isn’t able to start the season because of his ACL. So I do think it should be improved, it just come down to how much it is improved. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.