Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who do the Bengals take with the #5 pick in the 2021 NFL draft?

Who do the Bengals take with the #5 pick in the 2021 NFL draft? 17 members have voted

  1. 1. What do the Bengals do with pick #5?

    • Ja'Marr Chase
      52%
      9
    • Penei Sewell
      41%
      7
    • Kyle Pitts
      0%
      0
    • Other Player (or trade)
      5%
      1

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 94
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Has Burrow publicly stated he wants Chase?

Regardless, I am not sure how much a factor that is because of the teammate loyalty factor you mentioned.

I've read several articles that have said Burrow's pushed for Chase.  Now, was that at a presser?  A one-on-one interview?  Was that second-hand info from someone else?  I can't honestly say.  But, have read it multiple times.  Now, is true?  Who knows. 

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

So, what should we make of Burrow pushing for Chase?

- Is it just a simple matter of former teammate allegiance?  Trying, perhaps, to ensure Chase is a higher pick than either one of the Bama receivers?

- Comfortability.  Feels the learning curve between the two would be drastically shortened, allowing for a greater/more immediate impact on the field.

- Not overly thrilled with the prospect of Auden Tate being the guy to fill AJ Green's shoes

- Thinks the Bengals have already addressed his O-line concerns, and/or will be able to do that with picks from later rounds.

- Doesn't want to point out anyone specific on the O-line as the issue

- A combination of two or more of the above?

I think someone will explain it to Burrow (if he doesn't know already).  Pro sports is a business, not a fraternity.  Bengals management will pick at that spot who they think will best be suited long term in helping the team.

I hope they spend the first two picks on Oline.  I’m fine with complaining about other parts of the team in January as long as they can’t get to Burrow.  Joe is good enough to elevate average wide receivers who can run routes.

13 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Drew Bledsoe says the 49ers aren't drafting a QB. Says they moved up to get Sewell. ?

Where did you see/hear that?

1 hour ago, CincySportsFan said:

I've read several articles that have said Burrow's pushed for Chase.  Now, was that at a presser?  A one-on-one interview?  Was that second-hand info from someone else?  I can't honestly say.  But, have read it multiple times.  Now, is true?  Who knows. 

 And I heard from multiple people including Carson Palmer that Joe Burrow wouldn't play for the Bengals but he's here.

1 hour ago, nkypete said:

I think someone will explain it to Burrow (if he doesn't know already).  Pro sports is a business, not a fraternity.  Bengals management will pick at that spot who they think will best be suited long term in helping the team.

Joe's a smart guy, I'm sure he already knows.  But, then why offer an opinion/suggestion?  He could've just given some generic, cliche-ridden, canned response.  Who knows?  Maybe it's all just bull.  People make stuff up all the time now under the guise of "journalism".

If you go back and look in the last 8-10 years we’ve gotten more production out of 2nd round picks than our #1’s.  

4 hours ago, Tones said:

Where did you see/hear that?

Just can’t see the 49ers trading what they did for an O lineman

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Joe's a smart guy, I'm sure he already knows.  But, then why offer an opinion/suggestion?  He could've just given some generic, cliche-ridden, canned response.  Who knows?  Maybe it's all just bull.  People make stuff up all the time now under the guise of "journalism".

I think that comment was made when he was specifically asked if he would like to play with Chase, of courses he said that would be great!!

Everything I’ve read Joe has said that’s up to the team to draft who they think will help them the most

Well at least, Joe can just chuck it up in the air while he’s running for his life all year.

Think Chase gave away the pick with those orange, black, and white shoes?

Have to go with an offensive lineman next pick. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.