Who do the Bengals take with the #5 pick in the 2021 NFL draft?

Who do the Bengals take with the #5 pick in the 2021 NFL draft?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What do the Bengals do with pick #5?

• Ja'Marr Chase
    • Penei Sewell
    • Kyle Pitts
    • Other Player (or trade)

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Has Burrow publicly stated he wants Chase?

Regardless, I am not sure how much a factor that is because of the teammate loyalty factor you mentioned.

I've read several articles that have said Burrow's pushed for Chase.  Now, was that at a presser?  A one-on-one interview?  Was that second-hand info from someone else?  I can't honestly say.  But, have read it multiple times.  Now, is true?  Who knows. 

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

So, what should we make of Burrow pushing for Chase?

- Is it just a simple matter of former teammate allegiance?  Trying, perhaps, to ensure Chase is a higher pick than either one of the Bama receivers?

- Comfortability.  Feels the learning curve between the two would be drastically shortened, allowing for a greater/more immediate impact on the field.

- Not overly thrilled with the prospect of Auden Tate being the guy to fill AJ Green's shoes

- Thinks the Bengals have already addressed his O-line concerns, and/or will be able to do that with picks from later rounds.

- Doesn't want to point out anyone specific on the O-line as the issue

- A combination of two or more of the above?

I think someone will explain it to Burrow (if he doesn't know already).  Pro sports is a business, not a fraternity.  Bengals management will pick at that spot who they think will best be suited long term in helping the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CincySportsFan said:

I've read several articles that have said Burrow's pushed for Chase.  Now, was that at a presser?  A one-on-one interview?  Was that second-hand info from someone else?  I can't honestly say.  But, have read it multiple times.  Now, is true?  Who knows. 

And I heard from multiple people including Carson Palmer that Joe Burrow wouldn't play for the Bengals but he's here.

1 hour ago, nkypete said:

I think someone will explain it to Burrow (if he doesn't know already).  Pro sports is a business, not a fraternity.  Bengals management will pick at that spot who they think will best be suited long term in helping the team.

Joe's a smart guy, I'm sure he already knows.  But, then why offer an opinion/suggestion?  He could've just given some generic, cliche-ridden, canned response.  Who knows?  Maybe it's all just bull.  People make stuff up all the time now under the guise of "journalism".

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Joe's a smart guy, I'm sure he already knows.  But, then why offer an opinion/suggestion?  He could've just given some generic, cliche-ridden, canned response.  Who knows?  Maybe it's all just bull.  People make stuff up all the time now under the guise of "journalism".

I think that comment was made when he was specifically asked if he would like to play with Chase, of courses he said that would be great!!

Everything I’ve read Joe has said that’s up to the team to draft who they think will help them the most

• Like 1