Tkinslow

How the mighty have fallen.

I can think of two schools that used to be feared on the field Warren Central and Boone Co that now can’t get out of their on way. What are some other schools that would fit in this category.

30 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

I can think of two schools that used to be feared on the field Warren Central and Boone Co that now can’t get out of their on way. What are some other schools that would fit in this category.

Trigg County, Christian County from this end of the state.

1 hour ago, Tkinslow said:

I think Boone County is "on the way back" but it is going to take few years. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Boone Co has a decent young QB & fairly solid, young RB.  They have some talent.  Saw both today at NUC in Boone Co.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, theguru said:

You may end up being right, but I’m just curious what have they shown that makes you think that?  At this time, they really haven’t shown that improvement yet. I mean it definitely would be good though if they did, the more competitive teams in NKY the better. It makes it more exciting in NKY when a lot of teams are good and competitive. 

Prestonsburg is perhaps the best example from EKY.

Prestonsburg was a Top 10-Top 15 team in their class for decades and had several teams capable of deep runs, now they are the second best team in their county.

They have really been affected by the success on US-23 to their North and South along with some coaching instability and the new Floyd Central High School that was built.

Fort Campbell and Fort Knox both meet the criteria of the original post as well. With both being on millitary bases it is easier to see why their downfall followed though.

25 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

Prestonsburg is perhaps the best example from EKY.

Prestonsburg was a Top 10-Top 15 team in their class for decades and had several teams capable of deep runs, now they are the second best team in their county.

They have really been affected by the success on US-23 to their North and South along with some coaching instability and the new Floyd Central High School that was built.

Fort Campbell and Fort Knox both meet the criteria of the original post as well. With both being on millitary bases it is easier to see why their downfall followed though.

P-Burg was the team with the big playoff upset over Danville, right?

3 hours ago, colonel-fan said:

P-Burg was the team with the big playoff upset over Danville, right?

Yes, snapped Danville's effort to break Trinity's winning streak and ruined a three-peat effort for the Ads.

And speaking of the Ads, with the way the coaching change went down this year and reduced funding for athletics in recent years, I fear that Danville could be in this conversation down the road.

13 hours ago, futurecoach said:

You may end up being right, but I’m just curious what have they shown that makes you think that?  At this time, they really haven’t shown that improvement yet. I mean it definitely would be good though if they did, the more competitive teams in NKY the better. It makes it more exciting in NKY when a lot of teams are good and competitive. 

I am drinking the Kool-Aid fc!

• Like 1

Things may change this year and beyond but Highlands deserves consideration for this list.  The Bluebirds are no where near what they were under Coach Mueller. 

• Like 1

What about Middlesboro didn’t they used to be pretty good or did I just imagine that.

7 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

What about Middlesboro didn’t they used to be pretty good or did I just imagine that.

Yes they were!

Historically they were a solid team, but under Kenny Roark at their prime Middlesboro was a small class powerhouse for about a 15-year stretch including a State Title.

2 hours ago, theguru said:

Things may change this year and beyond but Highlands deserves consideration for this list.  The Bluebirds are no where near what they were under Coach Mueller. 

Under Mueller was not the norm.  Been winning state championships long before Dale, won them after and will win them again.

1 minute ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Under Mueller was not the norm.  Been winning state championships long before Dale, won them after and will win them again.

That seems contradictory to me.