How the mighty have fallen.

Tkinslow

35 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

X's "lack of success" says more about Trinity than it does X. 

I agree. St.X could have won championship in 2018 but got killed with injuries and was down to freshman QB in playoffs. Many years nobody was beating Trinity. I’m optimistic about the future, but will see since Male and Trinity aren’t going anywhere.

1 minute ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I agree. St.X could have won championship in 2018 but got killed with injuries and was down to freshman QB in playoffs. Many years nobody was beating Trinity. I’m optimistic about the future, but will see since Male and Trinity aren’t going anywhere.

It's not a fair assessment of X unless you're going to say the same about every other team in Trinity's class over the past two decades. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, CoachHB said:

Just my opinion from far away but 2 Huge things started the Losing to snowball at WC

#1 The Admin firing a really good , young coach that truly wanted to be there , thus bringing in a couple "big name" guys.  That same young coach is having success at his new school and should have been given a chance. 

#2 Refusing to ever PUNT  & onside kicking every time has created a totally up hill battle for those kids every game ! How many games of this current streak of futility has this caused?? My educated guess is 2 to 3 games each year.  I saw them on film a couple times and could not believe how they hurt themselves from these decisions. 

I don’t watch WC games, so wait are you telling me they never punt and always kick onside kicks that’s insane.

On 4/29/2021 at 11:28 AM, theguru said:

Since Boone came up to start this thread here is what Coach Warner from Boone County posted yesterday on Facebook:

Welcome to REBEL COUNTY Sharod Williams Freshman 6'4 315 lbs! Thank you to our players and administration for helping to get this guy to join our program! Sharod has an extremely bright future like many of our young men!

booneol.jpg

Has he ever played football before?

13 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

I don’t watch WC games, so wait are you telling me they never punt and always kick onside kicks that’s insane.

Research Kevin Kelly out of Arkansas. While WC isn’t Pulaski Academy it is an analytic choice. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

X's "lack of success" says more about Trinity than it does X. 

13 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Since St. X's last title in 2009, their season has ended at Trinity's hand in `10, `11, `12, `14, `15, `16, `17, and `20. The Shamrocks were state champions in seven of those eight years. The Tigers suffered heartbreakers against T in the 2012 and 2014 playoffs and lost by 10 in 2016. I don't usually get caught up in hypotheticals, but I like X's chances of winning at least a title or two during those years, were it not for Trinity's unparalleled level of excellence.

Also throw in that aforementioned 2018 team that beat eventual champ Male in the regular season, but lost the playoff rematch by 10.

St. X has consistently been a top 3-4 team in 6A. Trinity has simply been that good.

• Like 5