Covington Catholic - 2021 Schedule

I will build off my last post real quick.  I would say this is especially true for programs in Trinity's class.  It's ok to go 0-4 or 0-5, against teams that help you build.  Go 4-0, 5-0 on the backside with the games that matter will probably get ya further in the long run. 

• Like 1

For his sake, I really hope Starks plays. There aren’t a whole lot of 6’6 bigs getting time in the NBA. However, that is the ideal size for NFL and power 5 TE’s. With his athleticism, I think you’d have a big time player if he has physicality. 

The other thing that is funny to me is it is almost impossible to find tight end play at the high school level unless you coach in the GCL South and we have 4 or 5 quality players at that position now. Going back to I think Coach Eviston’s second year with Kam, we’ve had a big athlete with a D1 offer start at that position (not that they were offered for TE outside of Baby Gronk). That’s really an incredible run. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CCHFC said:

For his sake, I really hope Starks plays. There aren’t a whole lot of 6’6 bigs getting time in the NBA. However, that is the ideal size for NFL and power 5 TE’s. With his athleticism, I think you’d have a big time player if he has physicality. 

The other thing that is funny to me is it is almost impossible to find tight end play at the high school level unless you coach in the GCL South and we have 4 or 5 quality players at that position now. Going back to I think Coach Eviston’s second year with Kam, we’ve had a big athlete with a D1 offer start at that position (not that they were offered for TE outside of Baby Gronk). That’s really an incredible run. 

Coldiron was offered as a TE by Miami. Although, he started at WR at CCH.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, punttheball said:

Coldiron was offered as a TE by Miami. Although, he started at WR at CCH.

Yeah he was an animal. It’s pretty ridiculous when he’s the number 2 target on a high school team, especially in this area. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CCHFC said:

Forget the NBA, there aren't many 6'6" bigs in D1.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Here's a dandy of a catch by Cov Cath's incoming junior TE/LB Aiden Jones at a TruXposur National 7-On-7 in Florida the weekend before last. The contest was between a squad of 16U northern Kentucky sophomores, and a squad of 18U juniors & seniors. Pass was thrown by Simon Kenton QB Chase Crone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Here's a dandy of a catch by Cov Cath's incoming junior TE/LB Aiden Jones at a TruXposur National 7-On-7 in Florida the weekend before last. The contest was between a squad of 16U northern Kentucky sophomores, and a squad of 18U juniors & seniors. Pass was thrown by Simon Kenton QB Chase Crone.

Jones is a very good basketball player too. Looking forward to the fall and seeing him back on the grid iron.

10 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

Jones is a very good basketball player too. Looking forward to the fall and seeing him back on the grid iron.

Jones is definitely getting attention for football though. An outfit out of Louisiana did a write-up on him last month.

https://www.louisianagridironfootball.com/diamond-in-the-rough-aiden-jones/

"Aiden Jones, class of 2023, is a dual position athlete as he plays both Middle Linebacker and Tight End for the Covington Catholic Colonels out of Park Hills, Kentucky. As a 6’3 225lb Linebacker, Aiden is an aggressive tackler who makes sure that the runner is down. He brings his toughness to every play as he never runs away from a blocker, rather, he runs through them and disengages when need be. Aiden is a pure run stuffer too, he has good patience to allow for a hole in the line to open in up and has the burst to attack and fill the gap. When lined up at Tight End, Aiden is a serviceable blocker, and has solid footwork in his routes to get separation, surprising speed to add on to the initial separation, and finishes it off with good, solid hands to secure the catch. Aiden Jones is very versatile athlete with a good mixture of toughness, speed, and hands. With this mixture, Aiden could be a menace all over the field on Saturdays and has another year to make progress and get even better."

1 minute ago, The Oracle said:

Jones is definitely getting attention for football though. An outfit out of Louisiana did a write-up on him last month.

https://www.louisianagridironfootball.com/diamond-in-the-rough-aiden-jones/

"Aiden Jones, class of 2023, is a dual position athlete as he plays both Middle Linebacker and Tight End for the Covington Catholic Colonels out of Park Hills, Kentucky. As a 6’3 225lb Linebacker, Aiden is an aggressive tackler who makes sure that the runner is down. He brings his toughness to every play as he never runs away from a blocker, rather, he runs through them and disengages when need be. Aiden is a pure run stuffer too, he has good patience to allow for a hole in the line to open in up and has the burst to attack and fill the gap. When lined up at Tight End, Aiden is a serviceable blocker, and has solid footwork in his routes to get separation, surprising speed to add on to the initial separation, and finishes it off with good, solid hands to secure the catch. Aiden Jones is very versatile athlete with a good mixture of toughness, speed, and hands. With this mixture, Aiden could be a menace all over the field on Saturdays and has another year to make progress and get even better."

Eddie will definitely have a lot of options this coming season. 

1 hour ago, WhiteCastle said:

Eddie will definitely have a lot of options this coming season. 

You've got that right. I'm definitely looking forward to see if Eddie works in any double-end sets. Aiden Jones and Trevor Wilson lined up on each side could make for a beautiful thing...

Wilson has been hitting up some receiving camps in the offseason as well...and getting some serious attention. Already has a D1 offer from Middle Tennessee, and has some Ivy League and MAC attention. Last I saw, he had received an invite to a FSU recruiting camp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1