9/24 Cooper (H)
10/1 Boone County (H)
10/8 Bye
10/15 Highlands (A)
10/22 Conner (H)
10/29 Ryle (H)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

That's a solid schedule. Non-district, I like the 1 GCL South game a year strategy. Going to see totally different offenses in back to back weeks from Belfry and LexCath. Dixie and Beechwood are solid neighborhood rivalry games. Odd seeing Ryle at the end of the season instead at the beginning, but I like having them on the schedule.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colonel-fan said:

That's a solid schedule. Non-district, I like the 1 GCL South game a year strategy. Going to see totally different offenses in back to back weeks from Belfry and LexCath. Dixie and Beechwood are solid neighborhood rivalry games. Odd seeing Ryle at the end of the season instead at the beginning, but I like having them on the schedule.

Thanks @colonel-fan, you summed it up for me so I can just agree with you.

I really like this schedule for CCH, especially the 1 GCL South game a year strategy.  

14 minutes ago, theguru said:

Thanks @colonel-fan, you summed it up for me so I can just agree with you.

I really like this schedule for CCH, especially the 1 GCL South game a year strategy.  

I also like the LexCath game and agree with your thinking the Colonels and Knights should play in every sport (a basketball game this year would have been a doozy). 

In a perfect world, I would love to see East Central (IN) and Louisville St. X on the schedule, but there are only 6 non-con games to fill each year and Beechwood, Dixie, Ryle, and LexCath seem to be go to games. Throw in an annual GCL South game and the dance card fills up quickly. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, colonel-fan said:

I also like the LexCath game and agree with your thinking the Colonels and Knights should play in every sport (a basketball game this year would have been a doozy). 

In a perfect world, I would love to see East Central (IN) and Louisville St. X on the schedule, but there are only 6 non-con games to fill each year and Beechwood, Dixie, Ryle, and LexCath seem to be go to games. Through in an annual GCL South game and the dance card fills up quickly. 

We are in lockstep cf. 

• Like 1

I'll say it, I think this schedule, THIS year, is a bridge too far.  New QB, likely a young QB, and you're throwing him and them to the wolves.  You could, conceivably, start out the year 2-3...and if you open with 3 straight losses, who knows how the young men will react.  Full faith in Eddie & his staff, but this seems like a tough ask to open the year two those three games, and follow them up with a Dixie team that about got you this year, and then at Beechwood (which is always an odd game given the "rivalry" aspects of it).  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

I'll say it, I think this schedule, THIS year, is a bridge too far.  New QB, likely a young QB, and you're throwing him and them to the wolves.  You could, conceivably, start out the year 2-3...and if you open with 3 straight losses, who knows how the young men will react.  Full faith in Eddie & his staff, but this seems like a tough ask to open the year two those three games, and follow them up with a Dixie team that about got you this year, and then at Beechwood (which is always an odd game given the "rivalry" aspects of it).  

All good points! Eddie must know something maybe we don’t???

• Like 1