Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic - 2021 Schedule

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

If Starks wants to play sports on the next level, it seems to me like football would be his best option. Is that a good assessment?

I would think so as well, unless he has a growth spurt.  

  • Replies 145
  • Views 26.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

  • colonel-fan
    colonel-fan

    CovCath's 4x100 meter relay team of Brett Rottinghaus, Leo Bouldin, Reid Hummel and Zion Mason broke the previous school record with a time of 42.88. If the Colonel offense can get Hummel and Mason in

  • From Cov Cath Football Alumni on Facebook:

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, bjknku02 said:

I would think so as well, unless he has a growth spurt.  

How big is he? And I mean the real numbers, not the elevated numbers that everyone puts in the progams. LOL

Has he ever played football?

And will he be a Senior next year?

1 hour ago, punttheball said:

How big is he? And I mean the real numbers, not the elevated numbers that everyone puts in the progams. LOL

Has he ever played football?

And will he be a Senior next year?

When he came to Cov Cath, I thought there was more excitement about him as a TE in football than as a basketball player.

11 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

When he came to Cov Cath, I thought there was more excitement about him as a TE in football than as a basketball player.

He was definitely billed as a primary basketball player when coming to CCH. I remember seeing class of 2023 hoops prospect rankings back then and him being a top 50 national prospect, don’t know if that is still the case. 
 

Last time he played football was 8th grade I believe. 

He was an absolute stud in grade school on both offense and defense. Yes, he is considering it and will likely decide in the next couple of weeks.

I consider him a better football prospect than basketball at the next level based on his skill set in both sports.

13 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

He was definitely billed as a primary basketball player when coming to CCH. I remember seeing class of 2023 hoops prospect rankings back then and him being a top 50 national prospect, don’t know if that is still the case. 
 

Last time he played football was 8th grade I believe. 

Wow. Top 50? That's interesting.

I seem to remember a lot of excitement about him for football. 

12 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Wow. Top 50? That's interesting.

I seem to remember a lot of excitement about him for football. 

There was for football as well, without a doubt, just more for basketball. He’s got great size obviously, so I’m sure would be a welcome addition to the team.

8 hours ago, BlueKernels said:

There was for football as well, without a doubt, just more for basketball. He’s got great size obviously, so I’m sure would be a welcome addition to the team.

I would guess Def line. 

4 hours ago, WhiteCastle said:

I would guess Def line. 

Tight End is the position people were discussing for Starks.

21 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Tight End is the position people were discussing for Starks.

Mmmm could always use another blocking TE. CCH looks like they have a lot of TE! I can see Eddie going double TE a lot. 

4 hours ago, WhiteCastle said:

Mmmm could always use another blocking TE. CCH looks like they have a lot of TE! I can see Eddie going double TE a lot. 

In the past I do not recall seeing any double TE sets in Coach E's offense.

20 minutes ago, punttheball said:

In the past I do not recall seeing any double TE sets in Coach E's offense.

I only bring it up because Eddie has three big TE’s  in Sullivan, Wilson and Jones. This offense is going to be a lot of fun to watch. Seems to me like Eddie will have a lot of weapons to play with

Chandler slimmed down this year with more lean muscle. I hope he joins the football Colonels because I have no doubt he will pick up where he left off. Eddie will put him in the right spots- the TE position is stacked, but Chandler is really gifted. Defense is where he would shine either at DE or a tall LB, ala Mayer.

Mean to disrespect to Starks kid, but just not big enough for next level in basketball. Former Mr. Kentucky Basketball Carson Williams had a good career at similar size, but never dominated. Hes now trying the transition to football at WKU for the NFL combine. IN COLLEGE. Bottom line is simple math to me. College basketball teams have 12-15 players. Football has 75?  
 

Try it now young fella, the world is your oyster with that size.........

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/nfl-draft-wku-big-man-plans-to-be-the-next-college-hoops-to-te-conversion-122725146.html

 

 

On 3/10/2021 at 2:44 PM, The Double Deuce said:

I'll say it, I think this schedule, THIS year, is a bridge too far.  New QB, likely a young QB, and you're throwing him and them to the wolves.  You could, conceivably, start out the year 2-3...and if you open with 3 straight losses, who knows how the young men will react.  Full faith in Eddie & his staff, but this seems like a tough ask to open the year two those three games, and follow them up with a Dixie team that about got you this year, and then at Beechwood (which is always an odd game given the "rivalry" aspects of it).  

It's taken me a while to get here, to this position, but.  Schedule for the program, where it's been and where it's heading.  If nothing else it will show the coaches who is willing to step up to the challenge.  Kids or the team, need to be pushed, need to know they're putting in work for a reason.  They know when or if they're backing off or ramping up their schedule from year to year. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.