TheDeuce

Highlands Hires Bob Sphire

3 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Behymer was not a middle school PE teacher.  He is an elementary gym teacher.  The middle school position is open from retirement of a teacher.  

Stop making sense JOAT!

15 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Behymer was not a middle school PE teacher.  He is an elementary gym teacher.  The middle school position is open from retirement of a teacher.  

Johnson Elementary to be exact. I don't think he's leaving his position with the FTIS. He does a Excellent job with the Kids at Johnson and is admired by many throughout the City for his commitment to the Children.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, THUNDERBIRDS said:

Johnson Elementary to be exact. I don't think he's leaving his position with the FTIS. He does a Excellent job with the Kids at Johnson and is admired by many throughout the City for his commitment to the Children.

I agree. I believe he plans on having his twin boys attend the FTIS in the future. Leaving wouldn't make much sense. It's also possible Nick has/could apply for a coaching position now that a new head coach has been hired.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Middle school PE teacher...elementary gym, sounds like I was close but no cigar. My point still stands.

• Like 2

Who was the DC for Highlands most recently? Heard he landed a gig in NKY.  Anyone with a name. 

45 minutes ago, Brcatz said:

Who was the DC for Highlands most recently? Heard he landed a gig in NKY.  Anyone with a name. 

Nick Behymer 

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2021 at 12:24 PM, Lions Paw said:

I agree. I believe he plans on having his twin boys attend the FTIS in the future. Leaving wouldn't make much sense. It's also possible Nick has/could apply for a coaching position now that a new head coach has been hired.

Could but I don't think that's going to happen. He and the Highlands Athletic Dept have parted ways in different directions.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, THUNDERBIRDS said:

Could but I don't think that's going to happen. He and the Highlands Athletic Dept have parted ways in different directions.

I agree. I think it is best for both sides to move on. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 3:29 PM, The Oracle said:

My understanding is that Highlands did have a 'lil something to do with it. Promised some school district positions to be available for James' wife and an assistant or two and then walked back on their promise.

What can be promised when a position(s) isn't/aren't open at that time?  The Middle School PE position is something that was coming open from the get go. Many of the Applicants were in position to fill that job. It wasn't created overnight! One applicant was willing to get Certified to fill it. The way I look at it is Highlands got a 2 for 1 special. Yes with James and Wolfe we were just getting them. With Coach Sphire we are getting Both him and his son. Sounds like a Winner to me! Look I get it, a lot of Information or misinformation was flooding Cocktail hours around NKY about the Highlands Coaching position. Believe me, we heard it everywhere we went. I have been involved in the FTJFL for 18 years now and a lot of people around NKY all of a sudden became my best friend per se during that long 6 week period.🤣 People were intrigued with who was coming in. The stuff I heard and knew in a 30 day period would blow your mind. It's 30 for 30 material to say the least.

And your comment about Highlands Scraping together enough Money to get Wolfe? Laughable! Yes things had to be Tweaked to make it work but the BOE approved all Funds needed to find the Best Coach available from Day 1. Why weren't the same deals done for Brian Weinrich? Maybe BW was okay or as I always have said complacent with the Job he was doing that required the extra funds. To each his own I guess. Bob Sphire was Highlands very 1st phone Call when the Job came open and at the time it just wasn't happening. I know that to be a Fact!!! But thanks to Eddie James and Chris Wolfe we have our Guy that we originally wanted.

And I will say it again.....Matt Bertasso is the man!

Go Birds!

• Like 2

On 2/19/2021 at 4:27 PM, The Oracle said:

Middle school PE teacher...elementary gym, sounds like I was close but no cigar. My point still stands.

Look I'm not saying something may or may not have been said about potential open positions/coaches but maybe those promises or Pipe Dreams I might say were made by someone not even an Employee of the FTIS. Did you think of that one? It happens a lot in Ft Thomas. They call it the Ft Thomas Mafia. The FTIS just doesn't work that way anymore. Maybe back in the 80's but not now. Goes the old saying we use...."No one is bigger than the Program"

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 8:24 AM, THUNDERBIRDS said:

What can be promised when a position(s) isn't/aren't open at that time?  The Middle School PE position is something that was coming open from the get go. Many of the Applicants were in position to fill that job. It wasn't created overnight! One applicant was willing to get Certified to fill it. The way I look at it is Highlands got a 2 for 1 special. Yes with James and Wolfe we were just getting them. With Coach Sphire we are getting Both him and his son. Sounds like a Winner to me! Look I get it, a lot of Information or misinformation was flooding Cocktail hours around NKY about the Highlands Coaching position. Believe me, we heard it everywhere we went. I have been involved in the FTJFL for 18 years now and a lot of people around NKY all of a sudden became my best friend per se during that long 6 week period.🤣 People were intrigued with who was coming in. The stuff I heard and knew in a 30 day period would blow your mind. It's 30 for 30 material to say the least.

And your comment about Highlands Scraping together enough Money to get Wolfe? Laughable! Yes things had to be Tweaked to make it work but the BOE approved all Funds needed to find the Best Coach available from Day 1. Why weren't the same deals done for Brian Weinrich? Maybe BW was okay or as I always have said complacent with the Job he was doing that required the extra funds. To each his own I guess. Bob Sphire was Highlands very 1st phone Call when the Job came open and at the time it just wasn't happening. I know that to be a Fact!!! But thanks to Eddie James and Chris Wolfe we have our Guy that we originally wanted.

And I will say it again.....Matt Bertasso is the man!

Go Birds!

Weinrich wasn’t complacent.  He coached at HHS for the love of coaching and the history of his grandparents at the school & football program.  He had multiple offers through his 25 years at HHS to go other places making more money than what HHS was and IS paying.  He has never made coaching about his stipend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bluebird99 said:

Weinrich wasn’t complacent.  He coached at HHS for the love of coaching and the history of his grandparents at the school & football program.  He had multiple offers through his 25 years at HHS to go other places making more money than what HHS was and IS paying.  He has never made coaching about his stipend.

Got it! Moving on....