Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati Bengals are getting new uniforms

Featured Replies

11 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

I personally don’t think it takes being artistic to notice a huge difference. 

306E4F49-62CA-42A1-8F75-B15870059D5B.png

133C03B8-775F-4A72-83B9-275FCE5D7656.png

I disagree.  If you had brought out the new uniforms without saying a word, and without any other pictures from past years to reference...my guess is the majority of people would not have noticed the difference(s) at first glance.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the simplicity of the new uniforms.

  • Author
1 hour ago, OlDog75 said:

Ho hum, nothing special.  (Never really been a fan of the stripes, helmet or otherwise,  Nor the name when it was chosen way back when.)

yawn 2.PNG

 

1 hour ago, CincySportsFan said:

Can honestly say I don't see that much difference.

Uniforms.jpg

 

1 hour ago, CincySportsFan said:

I hope the Ring of Honor doesn't underwhelm me as much as the new uniforms have, based upon the hype.

 

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

I agree. Simplified by changing the shoulder/sleeve and removing the side panel. I like the new ones better but the changes don't match the hype.

I’m not sure if you all followed much of the talk from the Bengals or things said in social media. However, it was pretty well known and stated that it wasn’t going to be drastic changes. That it was more going to a simpler sleek type of look. Many fans were asking for uniforms similar to the uniforms of the past. So the Bengals actually listened to many of the fans in regards to the type of look they wanted. 
 

Me personally I would have loved to have seen a  drastic change, with something that was not expected. However, I knew this wasn’t going to happen. 
 

In fact pictures of these jerseys were leaked on social media about a month ago. Which luckily they look much better on the players, than they did ok the hanger with the longer fan jersey sleeves that was leaked a month ago. 
 

There is talk of them going with the white tiger striped helmet too at some point, assuming the NFL changes the rules on only one helmet allowed that had been in place since 2013. Plus rumor of eventually bringing out orange pants to make it an orange on orange color rush type deal at some point. 
 

So while overall it is a pretty simpler, clean type of look. They at least will have a bunch of combinations out of this. My two favorites currently are the white on white, and the black pants and white jerseys. 

Should've been focusing more on designing a new offensive line instead of new unis....check out the zipper on that knee.

EzV3f8OVUAYdpQK.thumb.jpg.511b379d1ae40900fcd9eb7dc3d90ec3.jpg

 

12 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

What's up with Ochocinco doing the modeling?

EzV5NKnVkAQroov.thumb.jpg.3d9d6e0716f8fb33bdf9f6f43f3f7ca8.jpg

EzVpnaOVgBIhARr.thumb.jpg.2b8aa54eb7c601cb449b51d8678de814.jpg

EzV53GJVkAI4lCI.thumb.jpg.c4661c0227b96a59aafd4eb502b5dc75.jpg

Ocho being there is a concerted effort from the front office to engage with fans and bringing back popular former players for situations like this is huge and is definitely another thing that tells me the Bengals front office is listening. Also that top picture is Tee Higgins. 

1 hour ago, GrantNKY said:

I personally don’t think it takes being artistic to notice a huge difference. 

You can see the differences looking at side by side pictures, but I definitely wouldn't categorize them as "huge."

Removing the side panel from the jersey was a good idea. The shoulder change is minimal in the grand scheme, and while I like the change to "Bengals" from the "B" on the chest, I'm not sure the average fan would even notice that. 

1 hour ago, CincySportsFan said:

I disagree.  If you had brought out the new uniforms without saying a word, and without any other pictures from past years to reference...my guess is the majority of people would not have noticed the difference(s) at first glance.

Maybe it’s me, but there are too many distinct changes that make it super noticeable at first glance. The only combo that wouldn’t immediately stand out would be the the white on white vs the old color rush. 

3 hours ago, nees1212 said:

I like the simplicity of the new uniforms.

Me too, they look fine.

And I am not a fan of Chad being involved with anything other than the standard we have some ex-players here today yada yada yada.

One of the big things I feel like the Bengals really tried to make sure of with these new uniforms is building the rest of the uniform around the helmet. When you wear that helmet which is undeniably the most bold helmet choice in the league, everything else needs to be really understated to highlight the helmet. The new look accomplishes that 100% in my mind. Contrast that with the look they’ve had since 2004 with a ton of contrasting colors, bold fonts, and distracting design elements. The helmet is back to being the main focal point for the jersey and that’s important. The more I see the new uniforms the more I love them. Now once the NFL gets rid of the ridiculous one helmet color thing and we can get some white Tiger helmets then we’ll really be in business. 

42 minutes ago, theguru said:

Me too, they look fine.

And I am not a fan of Chad being involved with anything other than the standard we have some ex-players here today yada yada yada.

Chad is awesome. One of my favorite Bengals. I wish he had been able to produce two more quality seasons.  That would have made him top 20 all time in the NFL and put him into serious Hall of Fame consideration.

30 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Chad is awesome. One of my favorite Bengals. I wish he had been able to produce two more quality seasons.  That would have made him top 20 all time in the NFL and put him into serious Hall of Fame consideration.

The HOF ought to create a wing just for performers like Chad, Deion and Billy White Shoes who brought joy to the game and the fans through their touchdown celebrations.

6 hours ago, nkypete said:

For those of us who are not artistic, we probably wouldn't notice much different.  But it is a sleeker, more simple look.  The "Paul Brown" signature on the back is pretty cool.  The stripes look more natural (like a tiger) with the color blocks gone.  These uniforms plus a great draft later this month will help them perform better as a team!???

I like it, but I think the location makes it relatively pointless...

2WXMCEK6PZAWZLKEUWDCDVTPEA.thumb.jpg.09c49f559ca1128cc8f7e9b7e822c42e.jpg

JD52UOZK4ZC4HDGTNKE7OXLXG4.thumb.jpg.7a184cf3487ed51380cf8788493da073.jpg

5BYINEKI45BABL2BDS4MVD3HY4.thumb.jpg.a34a6c40b717dc9c77af12bb0e71edc9.jpg

48 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I like it, but I think the location makes it relatively pointless...

2WXMCEK6PZAWZLKEUWDCDVTPEA.thumb.jpg.09c49f559ca1128cc8f7e9b7e822c42e.jpg

JD52UOZK4ZC4HDGTNKE7OXLXG4.thumb.jpg.7a184cf3487ed51380cf8788493da073.jpg

5BYINEKI45BABL2BDS4MVD3HY4.thumb.jpg.a34a6c40b717dc9c77af12bb0e71edc9.jpg

Nobody would see it from the upper deck anyway even if on the outside of the jersey.  But it is kind of cool for a fan seeing it like that on a hanger.

I like them, but they aren't different enough that I am wowed.   Doesn't make me want to run out an replace the one jersey I have and hardly wear.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.