Trinity Hires Jay Cobb

TheDeuce

1 minute ago, tcjkbt said:

One thing is for sure------Trinity was able to learn about Cobb the man and Cobb the coach over the  last 4-5 years.

I more than likely should have expanded on my response. I don’t get this hire in the sense he isn’t going to be around for another 20 years like Beatty. I had assumed (Wrongly) that they would have hired a younger coach to lead the program for the next 20-30 years. 

21 minutes ago, GC-Dragons said:

I more than likely should have expanded on my response. I don’t get this hire in the sense he isn’t going to be around for another 20 years like Beatty. I had assumed (Wrongly) that they would have hired a younger coach to lead the program for the next 20-30 years. 

What’s wrong with getting 10 years and another 5/6 State Championships out of him. How many schools wouldn’t take that?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

What’s wrong with getting 10 years and another 5/6 State Championships out of him. How many schools wouldn’t take that?

I wish him nothing but the best in doing just that, just didn’t foresee them hiring Coach Cobb.  

1 hour ago, GC-Dragons said:

He said in the CJ article this is only a 5 yr plan for now. He is looking to hire a new DC and OC, and made it clear he wants young guys who want to be head coaches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Well perhaps Trinity isn’t all that. You do know that people have others jobs that are just as good as being the head coach at Trinity right?

It’s pretty obvious I’m aware of other programs being better than Trinity or at the same level as them all over the country. I’m not sure what any of that has to do with my comment, I was more referring to the fact everyone said the hire wouldn’t be from our State. 

Now for the state of KY, not a single team can even come close to matching what the Rocks have done in the last 20 years. That’s not up for debate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GC-Dragons said:

It’s pretty obvious I’m aware of other programs being better than Trinity or at the same level as them all over the country. I’m not sure what any of that has to do with my comment, I was more referring to the fact everyone said the hire wouldn’t be from our State. 

Now for the state of KY, not a single team can even come close to matching what the Rocks have done in the last 20 years. That’s not up for debate. 

Don’t mind Sweep. He’s salty his football program is mediocre and can’t get anyone to take the open coaching position. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Good luck Coach Cobb.  This hire will prove/disprove what folks throughout the state have been saying for years.  Coach Cobb's resume/stops over his career have been at small, some mediocre programs throughout the state that even the best coaches would struggle.  Now he gets his opportunity to Coach at the highest profile job in the State and show what he can do!

• Like 1