Boyle County 31 Franklin County 28 (Class 4A State Championship) (OT)

theguru

Excellent game, last play could have gone either way.  A little more air on the ball and the Flyers would have won but excellent play by Luke Sheperson "eyes" on the ball all the way and getting the hand up to deflect the ball.

38 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

Terrible call.  All worked out though.  You know Shepperson is a pretty good basketball player also.  I seriously doubt he will have a block, deflection or whatever you want to call it as good as this one !!!

IMG_2921.PNG

IMG_2923.PNG

Luke had some serious height on that tipped ball.  Your average player would have never came close to deflecting it. 

• Like 1

Congrats to both teams and Rebels for the State Championship!

Sorry to thread jack just a bit but think both these schools have players on Team KY (probably for 6th, 7th and 8th grade) the FBU National Championship.  The 6th and 7th grade teams were both knocked out in very close games in the semi-finals in Naples, Florida.  The 8th Grade team with future FC star Kalen Washington (likely some Boyle County guys on there too - I just don't have the roster) will play in the National Championship game tomorrow night at 7:30.

A one-hour "what this tournament is all about" video is here:

A link to where you can watch the game is here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/FBUNC?sub_confirmation=1

I just wanted you guys to know about this!

Congrats on great seasons!!!

On 12/24/2020 at 11:23 AM, Voice of Reason said:

againstALLodds a reference to COVID?

That was the motto for this year.  Yes, Covid probably had a part to play in it.  I personally thought was more of a reference to all the doubters. I know this senior class had people tell them the odds were stacked against them and they would never make it back to state let alone win with out Reese Smith, Reed Lanter, Riley Colwick, Landon Bartleson and Wilson Kelly. I know a few of them thought even Coach Smith didn't think they could, or why else would he leave them. Having a new head coach also played a role into it.  I mean, how many head coaches win a state championship in their first year somewhere?  I really think all of that played into them choosing that motto for the year.  Again, just my opinion.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, WKY_Football said:

Did I read correctly that Franklin County’s Soph RB was a Boyle County kid? What’s the story on that one?

He was from Frankfort (went to Bondurant) 7th grade. Then went to Boyle 8th. Went to Western Hills 9th (his cousin is Wandale Robinson). Now he’s at Franklin to stay. 

• Like 1