YouTube TV who has it? Thoughts?

Rebel

Currently having it out with Direct TV.  I'm paid through December 14th. and this week I started a 14 day trial with YouTube TV.  So far on day 3 I like what I am seeing.  The savings are over 50% from Direct TV.  Nothing I will like more than to tell Direct TV "See you later Alligator"!  Who all has this and do you recommend it?  I like the thought of not having to pay for another service from my Florida vacation home and can use while camping in the RV.    

2 hours ago, Rebel said:

Currently having it out with Direct TV.  I'm paid through December 14th. and this week I started a 14 day trial with YouTube TV.  So far on day 3 I like what I am seeing.  The savings are over 50% from Direct TV.  Nothing I will like more than to tell Direct TV "See you later Alligator"!  Who all has this and do you recommend it?  I like the thought of not having to pay for another service from my Florida vacation home and can use while camping in the RV.    

We switched from Dish Network a few months ago and love it!  Much cheaper with mostly the same channels.  App works really well to be able to watch from your phone.  Easy to get packages like NFL Redzone for a few months and then cancel when the season is over.  Highly recommend making the switch.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I dropped it when it hit $74 a month (with sports package) and they quit showing the Fox Sports channels. I already had Showtime, BritBox, Acorn, Hulu basic (not Hulu TV), and Friendly TV mostly for Mrs. S, who hardly watched YoutubeTV at all. I only watched YoutubeTV for sports, so I was chucking chucking out $100 a month for TV that, for the most part, wasn't being used. I added CBS All Access so she gets all the TV Shows she wants, and I'm only out $47 a month. (I have Amazon Prime for my business and I'd have it regardless of TV offerings, so the cost of that is not part of the equation.)

I have an antenna if I need to see local channels, which is never. 

I simply do not watch television shows anymore. They bores me to tears, for the most part. I prefer to read a good book. I have NHL TV so I can watch the Lightning (think VPN), but I don't watch live college or pro sports much anymore.

I can catch most high school sports and can get highlights of most college games I care about on YouTube proper (I still have USF season tickets for football, but I'm not sure how much longer I will do that, either.) If I really want to watch a sporting event, I have 100 sports bars I can go to and share a meal with friends and family while watching.

Priorities change as you get older, I guess.