Corbin at Johnson Central Predictions/Updates (4A Playoffs)

Turfwars

Who wins?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• theguru changed the title to Corbin at Johnson Central Predictions/Updates (4A Playoffs)

Not many teams run offense like JC. It’s very hard to simulate in practice and JC is well coached and massive along with great speed. Corbin needs limit the home runs on defense and not give JC easy quick scores. Offensively Corbin needs to eat some clock and finish drives with TDs. Keep the game close into the 2nd half and hope JC gives you some help.  This could be a closer game then people think.

21 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

Is JC the second best team in the state? Who is if not JC? 

This game will be a chance for JC supporters to get more support for that argument. Right now I would put JC in the mix with 3 or 4 others. Male and Boyle County for sure. Douglass and perhaps North Hardin. Bowling Green is gaining momentum also. 

If Corbin can hang close for a quarter or so and get into the flow of the game and style Johnson Central plays, then Corbin will be in position to get the win. That is the key IMO. Stay close and/or get the lead to make Johnson Central uncomfortable. Put them in a place they don't like to play - from behind. Much easier said than done.

I love how Corbin has found their footing and they are playing as well as anyone right now.

With that said, Johnson Central butters their bread at the LOS and I simply am not seeing Corbin winning that battle on either side of the ball.

I think Corbin plays them to the max, but I can't pick against JC when I feel they have a key advantage at their biggest strength.

If this game was six or seven weeks ago I think JC running clocks them.. I don't think that will remotely be the case now. I also think Corbin is well setup to be a major title threat in 2021 as a result.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

With that said, Johnson Central butters their bread at the LOS and I simply am not seeing Corbin winning that battle on either side of the ball.

I think Corbin plays them to the max, but I can't pick against JC when I feel they have a key advantage at their biggest strength.

Agreed. Corbin beat Knox Central at the line of scrimmage and ran it down their throats, but that's a hard row to hoe against JC.

I'd feel a lot better about Corbin's chances if they open the offense up and utilize their FBS kids more, but that hasn't been their identity this season.

One of the biggest games in the state imo this week. After pikeville gets beat by Hazard and Mayfield loses it makes you realize you better not over look any team let alone either of these two teams. It's been a odd year and anything can happen! The weather favors JC because those balls are hard and those hands are cold! Let the smash mouth football begin! 

• Like 1

Corbin just needs to keep doing what they’re doing.  They keep improving every week.  I’m not sure they will win, but their defense is legit.  They have good players at all 3 levels.  On offense, #10 Mills is their go to guy and is a really good HS football player.