KHSAA shuts down KY High School Football Playoffs until Further Notice - Playoff Brackets Posted 11-13-20

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

We are headed that way. If the hospitals get overwhelmed, how do we avoid another shutdown? That can be discussed in other threads but this is getting very ugly.

My understanding is only a very small percentage of people in hospitals are there because of COVID so that appears to be a non-factor at this point in time. 

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

My understanding is only a very small percentage of people in hospitals are there because of COVID so that appears to be a non-factor at this point in time. 

Cincinnati Good Samaritan currently has 43 COVID patients. Northern Kentucky is now directing all of their COVID patients to a "COVID Floor" at St. Elizabeth Fort Thomas, which has 27. UofL Hospital currently is somewhere in the 40s, and Norton Children's in Louisville has 6.

That info is directly from health professionals working in those hospitals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, JDEaston said:

Right.. Which isn't possible. So for the millionth time we're just gonna have to deal with it and accept that its not going to just go away. 

Right, that along with a vaccine is coming soon.

If anyone is worried stay home and let our children get on with their lives which as we all know are almost completely unaffected by the Rona. 

• Like 6

Just now, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Cincinnati Good Samaritan currently has 43 COVID patients. Northern Kentucky is sending all of their COVID patients to St. Elizabeth Fort Thomas, which has 27. UofL Hospital currently is somewhere in the 40s, and Norton Children's in Louisville has 6.

In other words a nothing burger. 

29 minutes ago, JDEaston said:

Right.. Which isn't possible. So for the millionth time we're just gonna have to deal with it and accept that its not going to just go away. 

Right... And doing so means doing EVERYTHING we can to limit the spread. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, theguru said:

Right, that along with a vaccine is coming soon.

If anyone is worried stay home and let our children get on with their lives which as we all know are almost completely unaffected by the Rona. 

Cool... Let's do that if we can send the kids to the sporting events with zero adults involved. I'm all for it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Wow, so the case did not come from school, locker room or team but they are still shut down with a blanket quarantine. Sad...

Translated version: “Lexington Catholic beat us 52-0 three weeks ago and we don’t want to wait two weeks for the same result.”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Cincinnati Good Samaritan currently has 43 COVID patients. Northern Kentucky is now directing all of their COVID patients to a "COVID Floor" at St. Elizabeth Fort Thomas, which has 27. UofL Hospital currently is somewhere in the 40s, and Norton Children's in Louisville has 6.

And my understanding is that Covid floor at St. E in Ft Thomas filled up the other night as a friend of ours mother took the last bed.  At least that's what they were told when she was admitted.

18 hours ago, nees1212 said:

And my understanding is that Covid floor at St. E in Ft Thomas filled up the other night as a friend of ours mother took the last bed.  At least that's what they were told when she was admitted.

There are 90 inpatients in Ft Thomas.  Not sure how many ICU.  That number is more than the spring although generally the patients aren't as sick since we have some treatments now. For reference there were 30 something 3 weeks ago.  I am wondering if part of the astronomical increase is the post Halloween hangover.

• theguru changed the title to KHSAA shuts down KY High School Football Playoffs until Further Notice - Playoff Brackets Posted 11-13-20
  • theguru locked this topic