KHSAA shuts down KY High School Football Playoffs until Further Notice - Playoff Brackets Posted 11-13-20

3 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Why does the thread title say “Until Further Notice”? The document released by the KHSAA says the playoffs will begin November 20.

Just now, Tigerpride94 said:

FYI... I didn’t change the topic heading.

I made that decision.  In my opinion that is exactly what the KHSAA is telling us "at this point in time."  When there is an actual playoff schedule released with all the pairings we can revisit it but for now Kentucky High School Football is dead in the water. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The KHSAA thought they could just bull through it all without making meaningful changes to the regular season and playoff structure (a couple week delay is not meaningful), and risked the playoffs. Let’s hope that somehow things work out despite their incompetence. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, theguru said:

I made that decision.  In my opinion that is exactly what the KHSAA is telling us "at this point in time."  When there is an actual playoff schedule released with all the pairings we can revisit it but for now Kentucky High School Football is dead in the water. 

You are not wrong. KHSAA meeting is the 18th of November so essentially in limbo until that meeting.

• Like 1

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.

KHSAA Commissioner Julian Tackett:  “This decision isn’t just about the few ongoing quarantines, it’s about 82 counties Friday being defined as “red” including the vast majority of the east. It’s about giving our schools time to deal with the issues around athletics which are not identical to the issues around the school day and as such, may need separate local discussions."

Map.png

46 minutes ago, theguru said:

I wonder how many teams/schools are going to say it just isn't worth it and turn in their equipment. 

I think that's why they are delaying bracket release. The statement from KHSAA this morning included a form to withdraw from the playoffs. With many schools likely to be prohibitive underdogs in the first round, you'll probably see several throw in the towel. I don't think the KHSAA stops football, but you might see a modified playoff bracket once all the participants are known.

• Like 4

• theguru changed the title to KHSAA shuts down KY High School Football Playoffs until Further Notice - Playoff Brackets Posted 11-13-20
  • theguru locked this topic