KHSAA shuts down KY High School Football Playoffs until Further Notice - Playoff Brackets Posted 11-13-20

22 minutes ago, theguru said:

All things considered the last thing I would do if I was the KHSAA would be to exclude any teams that want to participate in the postseason. 

Agreed 100%. This is why I believe they included the opt-out form. Once they know who intends to play and who doesn't, then they'll be able to produce a final bracket. And it is very possible that bracket could be modified from what we normally see.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Agreed 100%. I mentioned this a few days ago. This is why I believe they included the opt-out form. Once they know who intends to play and who doesn't, then they'll be able to produce a final bracket. And it is very possible that bracket could be modified from what we normally see.

I think that is exactly right gchs and I will add I have a lot of confidence in Commissioner Tackett making good decisions. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

Can’t see them putting all this out and then jerking the rug out from under everyone. 

Exactly. And let’s all remember every “doom and gloom” prediction about the KHSAA this fall has been wrong. How much time have people here and online spent certain the KHSAA was going to do one thing and they did another?

• Like 1

Keeping our fingers crossed here in TN.  We missed two games due to COVID problems with our team during September.  Metro Nashville did not play for the first 5 weeks of the season.  Four of the other five teams in our Region (District in Kentucky) were from Metro Nashville.  We picked up a game to replace the one we missed with the Metro opponent so we ended up playing eight games in total.  Actually more than I thought we would get to play.  To my knowledge no one in Middle TN has cancelled a playoff game (yet).  However, COVID numbers are increasing!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John Anthony said:

I’ve been on here since last week feeling very worried about the spread.  I don’t know how we finish the season, please let me be wrong.

I am starting to wonder also. The spread now is the worst it has been. With a 14 day quarantine rule, hard to see COVID not having an impact.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I am starting to wonder also. The spread now is the worst it has been. With a 14 day quarantine rule, hard to see COVID not having an impact.

Agreed, it’s likely our numbers in the next month or so, really into early spring, blow away what March looked like.  I just hope these kids get to finish their senior year in person.

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

Wow, so the case did not come from school, locker room or team but they are still shut down with a blanket quarantine. Sad...

But that's the point that everyone is ignoring. I understand the idea that the teams themselves may not be spreaders, but they still live in these communities and a lot of people are still going about their business like normal. You can't do that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

But that's the point that everyone is ignoring. I understand the idea that the teams themselves may not be spreaders, but they still live in these communities and a lot of people are still going about their business like normal. You can't do that. 

Using that logic everything everywhere in America should be shut down period. 

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

Using that logic everything everywhere in America should be shut down period. 

Right.. Which isn't possible. So for the millionth time we're just gonna have to deal with it and accept that its not going to just go away. 

• theguru changed the title to KHSAA shuts down KY High School Football Playoffs until Further Notice - Playoff Brackets Posted 11-13-20
  • theguru locked this topic