Bowling Green at Trinity Predictions/Updates

Purple88

Who wins?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/30/2020 at 04:30 PM

Bowling Green (5-1) and #4 in the BGP 5A Rankings will make their 3rd and final trip of the 2020 season to Louisville to take on the  #1 team in 6A Trinity Shamocks (5-0).  Trinity defeated Bowling Green down in BG last season 49-21.  And although Bowling Green has been close in a few past games, has never defeated Trinity.  This seems like a tough spot for the Purples for sure.

Bowling Green comes into this game playing good football and securing the 30th consecutive win over district foe Greenwood 43-0 on Senior Night and Homecoming!  You have to pack things in during this Covid season!  The Purples are led by a stout defense that has given up only 28 points on the year.  They have a strong defensive line and their leader is SR LB Rece Jones, who has played very well this season.  On offense for BG, Seniors QB Conner Cooper, RB Javey Bunton, TE Jordan Dingle are the main cogs in the Purple offense.

Trinity comes into this game also playing great football and securing another easy win at winless Eastern.  The Shamrocks are led by another very stout defensive team that has only given up 34 points on the year.  They are led by their LB core, which I believe are all slated to play at the next level.  On offense SR QB Nathan McElroy is playing really well for Trinity and they also have a strong RB group to turn to, especially JR Armon Tucker who is a special back.

While I never pick against Bowling Green, this is a game I'm not thrilled about their chances.  

My brain says 35-7 Trinity.  But my heart says 14-13 Purples.

Regardless, Marshall Stadium is a great place to watch a game and I wish both teams luck and no injuries coming out of this one!

image.thumb.png.3c7935beea2bef06cc3ba839ceed1ee2.png

58 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

Bowling Green (5-1) and #4 in the BGP 5A Rankings will make their 3rd and final trip of the 2020 season to Louisville to take on the  #1 team in 6A Trinity Shamocks (5-0).  Trinity defeated Bowling Green down in BG last season 49-21.  And although Bowling Green has been close in a few past games, has never defeated Trinity.  This seems like a tough spot for the Purples for sure.

Bowling Green comes into this game playing good football and securing the 30th consecutive win over district foe Greenwood 43-0 on Senior Night and Homecoming!  You have to pack things in during this Covid season!  The Purples are led by a stout defense that has given up only 28 points on the year.  They have a strong defensive line and their leader is SR LB Rece Jones, who has played very well this season.  On offense for BG, Seniors QB Conner Cooper, RB Javey Bunton, TE Jordan Dingle are the main cogs in the Purple offense.

Trinity comes into this game also playing great football and securing another easy win at winless Eastern.  The Shamrocks are led by another very stout defensive team that has only given up 34 points on the year.  They are led by their LB core, which I believe are all slated to play at the next level.  On offense SR QB Nathan McElroy is playing really well for Trinity and they also have a strong RB group to turn to, especially JR Armon Tucker who is a special back.

While I never pick against Bowling Green, this is a game I'm not thrilled about their chances.  

Regardless, Marshall Stadium is a great place to watch a game and I wish both teams luck and no injuries coming out of this one!

59 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

Hmm..  I honestly thought Bowling Green had beat Trinity a time or two over the years.. 

32 minutes ago, Tigers88 said:

Will BG for sure travel to a "red" county?

Yeah, I don't see them backing out because of that. Warren County was a "red county" at one time and they still played here.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they didn't play, but I don't see them backing out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Trinity23 said:

Hmm..  I honestly thought Bowling Green had beat Trinity a time or two over the years.. 

23, the information I have says T and BG have played a total of 6 times and T has won all 6:

1974 - 26-0

2007 - 39-28

2008 - 17-0

2009 - 9-0

2010 - 14-12

2019 - 49-21

26 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

23, the information I have says T and BG have played a total of 6 times and T has won all 6:

1974 - 26-0

2007 - 39-28

2008 - 17-0

2009 - 9-0

2010 - 14-12

2019 - 49-21

Been pretty competitive despite losing all 6. Bowling Green has great program so not surprised.

• Like 1