Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 40 Conner 0

Featured Replies

22 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

CovCath fans at work Monday hearing fans of other schools complaining like=

Everything Is Fine Everything Is Good GIF - EverythingIsFine  EverythingIsGood Dancing - Discover & Share GIFs

I laughed out loud at that one ATL!

  • Replies 46
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Woofing at opposing players.  Players who said nothing to him.     Anecdotally, I’ve heard he is the most disliked HC in NKY football amongst people in the game.  So, that’s why I said it.  

  • colonel-fan
    colonel-fan

    I don't want to speak for Deuce, but I think his comment was all in fun.

  • I apologize to everyone viewing this thread for my choice of words last night.  Ironically, in calling out non-adult behavior by an adult, I in fact, exhibited the same behavior.     Moving on.

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Play somebody! ?

Any suggestions?

37 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Play somebody! ?

40n3c5.jpg.5c19e62c676f62e1eb49c4a65e87b72c.jpg

40 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Play somebody! ?

CCH's last 4 wins have literally been their 4 district games. Explain to me, please, how to change that up?

1 minute ago, The Oracle said:

CCH's last 4 wins have literally been their 4 district games. Explain to me, please, how to change that up?

I don't want to speak for Deuce, but I think his comment was all in fun.

7 hours ago, colonel-fan said:

I don't want to speak for Deuce, but I think his comment was all in fun.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

7 hours ago, The Oracle said:

CCH's last 4 wins have literally been their 4 district games. Explain to me, please, how to change that up?

image.gif.d4f3ef36b86bb46a1955d6769e9acf15.gif

While true, Coach Trosper rubs people the wrong way, including the area coaches, but he is still a very good football coach.  I respect the fact his approach is: his team vs everyone.  I would think deep down the majority of the coaches have this mentality, but it's not so outwardly apparent.

However, I don't like the chirping at an opposing teams players.  The coaches have jobs bc of the kids, let them play the game and you coach them up.  

8 hours ago, Samcro said:

Woofing at opposing players.  Players who said nothing to him.  
 

Anecdotally, I’ve heard he is the most disliked HC in NKY football amongst people in the game.  So, that’s why I said it.  
 

Admittedly, it’s based on second and third hand, but, people I trust, that aren’t prone to hyperbole.  
 

I hope he enjoyed the running clock.

I have not heard what you are saying about Conner's coach, but I am 99% sure he isn't the most disliked coach in N. Ky.

9 minutes ago, Miller said:

While true, Coach Trosper rubs people the wrong way, including the area coaches, but he is still a very good football coach.  I respect the fact his approach is: his team vs everyone.  I would think deep down the majority of the coaches have this mentality, but it's not so outwardly apparent.

However, I don't like the chirping at an opposing teams players.  The coaches have jobs bc of the kids, let them play the game and you coach them up.  

Dave is a good guy, and while he is admittedly feisty and emotional, calling a person "a zero" is tough.  People get caught up in the moment, you see it at high school basketball games 2x a week where coaches and players "exchange conversation", and while it is 100% wrong on the coach's end, it isn't fatal.  Dave has been a hard-nosed, tough-minded dude since grade school, and while always willing to "walk the walk", he truly is a good dude.  He has never been great at losing, so while disappointed he was whoofing at Colonels last night, not horribly shocked.  Again, is it a bad look?  Sure.  Is it AWFUL?  Probably not.  Not like he was working a chain gang, as an adult, and flipped off another man over a h.s. football game...now that is embarrassing.  ?

39 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Dave is a good guy, and while he is admittedly feisty and emotional, calling a person "a zero" is tough.  People get caught up in the moment, you see it at high school basketball games 2x a week where coaches and players "exchange conversation", and while it is 100% wrong on the coach's end, it isn't fatal.  Dave has been a hard-nosed, tough-minded dude since grade school, and while always willing to "walk the walk", he truly is a good dude.  He has never been great at losing, so while disappointed he was whoofing at Colonels last night, not horribly shocked.  Again, is it a bad look?  Sure.  Is it AWFUL?  Probably not.  Not like he was working a chain gang, as an adult, and flipped off another man over a h.s. football game...now that is embarrassing.  ?

Fair perspective, I was teed off last night.  For the record, the woofing was not an exchange. The player did not engage.  
 

 

 

46 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I have not heard what you are saying about Conner's coach, but I am 99% sure he isn't the most disliked coach in N. Ky.

You and I run in different circles.  

1. If you can't throw the ball, it's going to be a tough night going against the CCH defense. The 3 DL and 2 inside linebackers (Jones and Sullivan) are, me eyeballing since size isn't listed on the roster, probably around 6'2-6'4 and 215-250 lbs each. That's pretty big at the HS level. You have to have a TON of speed to run the ball or have to have a good passing game in order to consistently move the ball. The run defense will keep us in every game this year. 

2. Hopefully Stegman isn't too banged up, I saw him hobble off the field tonight. He's a really good player and we need him down the stretch. 

3. Caleb played really well last night, extending plays with his size and athleticism is a big value add for the offense and I didn't expect his rushing production this year. I honestly think he's their best option when they run. 

4. Reardon should be a mismatch against most teams all year with his size and speed. Not a great option underneath, but vertically he's a tough cover. 

I apologize to everyone viewing this thread for my choice of words last night.  Ironically, in calling out non-adult behavior by an adult, I in fact, exhibited the same behavior.  
 

Moving on...

Brayden Collins looked really good at tailback.  Kid ran really hard and would love to see more of him in the future. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.