Covington Catholic 40 Conner 0

While true, Coach Trosper rubs people the wrong way, including the area coaches, but he is still a very good football coach.  I respect the fact his approach is: his team vs everyone.  I would think deep down the majority of the coaches have this mentality, but it's not so outwardly apparent.

However, I don't like the chirping at an opposing teams players.  The coaches have jobs bc of the kids, let them play the game and you coach them up.  

8 hours ago, Samcro said:

Woofing at opposing players.  Players who said nothing to him.  

Anecdotally, I’ve heard he is the most disliked HC in NKY football amongst people in the game.  So, that’s why I said it.  

Admittedly, it’s based on second and third hand, but, people I trust, that aren’t prone to hyperbole.  

I hope he enjoyed the running clock.

I have not heard what you are saying about Conner's coach, but I am 99% sure he isn't the most disliked coach in N. Ky.

9 minutes ago, Miller said:

While true, Coach Trosper rubs people the wrong way, including the area coaches, but he is still a very good football coach.  I respect the fact his approach is: his team vs everyone.  I would think deep down the majority of the coaches have this mentality, but it's not so outwardly apparent.

However, I don't like the chirping at an opposing teams players.  The coaches have jobs bc of the kids, let them play the game and you coach them up.  

Dave is a good guy, and while he is admittedly feisty and emotional, calling a person "a zero" is tough.  People get caught up in the moment, you see it at high school basketball games 2x a week where coaches and players "exchange conversation", and while it is 100% wrong on the coach's end, it isn't fatal.  Dave has been a hard-nosed, tough-minded dude since grade school, and while always willing to "walk the walk", he truly is a good dude.  He has never been great at losing, so while disappointed he was whoofing at Colonels last night, not horribly shocked.  Again, is it a bad look?  Sure.  Is it AWFUL?  Probably not.  Not like he was working a chain gang, as an adult, and flipped off another man over a h.s. football game...now that is embarrassing.  😇

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Dave is a good guy, and while he is admittedly feisty and emotional, calling a person "a zero" is tough.  People get caught up in the moment, you see it at high school basketball games 2x a week where coaches and players "exchange conversation", and while it is 100% wrong on the coach's end, it isn't fatal.  Dave has been a hard-nosed, tough-minded dude since grade school, and while always willing to "walk the walk", he truly is a good dude.  He has never been great at losing, so while disappointed he was whoofing at Colonels last night, not horribly shocked.  Again, is it a bad look?  Sure.  Is it AWFUL?  Probably not.  Not like he was working a chain gang, as an adult, and flipped off another man over a h.s. football game...now that is embarrassing.  😇

Fair perspective, I was teed off last night.  For the record, the woofing was not an exchange. The player did not engage.  

• Thanks 1

1. If you can't throw the ball, it's going to be a tough night going against the CCH defense. The 3 DL and 2 inside linebackers (Jones and Sullivan) are, me eyeballing since size isn't listed on the roster, probably around 6'2-6'4 and 215-250 lbs each. That's pretty big at the HS level. You have to have a TON of speed to run the ball or have to have a good passing game in order to consistently move the ball. The run defense will keep us in every game this year. 

2. Hopefully Stegman isn't too banged up, I saw him hobble off the field tonight. He's a really good player and we need him down the stretch. 

3. Caleb played really well last night, extending plays with his size and athleticism is a big value add for the offense and I didn't expect his rushing production this year. I honestly think he's their best option when they run. 

4. Reardon should be a mismatch against most teams all year with his size and speed. Not a great option underneath, but vertically he's a tough cover. 

• Like 2