Covington Catholic 40 Conner 0

3 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

Conner did play well early, I think there was no score after the 1st quarter. Once CovCath settled in, it was tough for the Cougars to keep pace.

I am glad to hear it, I know the Cougars have some good players. 

8 minutes ago, theguru said:

I know the final score doesn't reflect it but Conner played well early, correct?

Conner's defensive secondary is definitely good, but was tired in the second half.

Jackson Bucks had his first varsity game at QB. I thought he was a really nice runner. His arm needs work. He had a few fowl ups like you might expect out of a first start for a QB. Cov Cath's defense is good, and was in his face a lot...Conner lost a couple off O-linemen to injuries in their last game. Not sure whether or not either of them were back tonight.

Conner isn't bad, but they're dealing with the injury bug, and the just aren't in the same place Cov Cath is as far as talent goes. I hate saying that because it makes me sound like an arrogant homer, and I realize that, but that doesn't mean what I said isn't true.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Conner's defensive secondary is definitely good, but was tired in the second half.

Jackson Bucks had his first varsity game at QB. I thought he was a really nice runner. His arm needs work. He had a few fowl ups like you might expect out of a first start for a QB. Cov Cath's defense is good, and was in his face a lot...Conner lost a couple off O-linemen to injuries in their last game. Not sure whether or not either of them were back tonight.

Conner isn't bad, but they're dealing with the injury bug, and the just aren't in the same place Cov Cath is as far as talent goes. I hate saying that because it makes me sound like an arrogant homer, and I realize that, but that doesn't mean what I said isn't true.

You are one of the most humble people I know CWB and thanks for the additional.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

Why do you say that?

Woofing at opposing players.  Players who said nothing to him.  

Anecdotally, I’ve heard he is the most disliked HC in NKY football amongst people in the game.  So, that’s why I said it.  

Admittedly, it’s based on second and third hand, but, people I trust, that aren’t prone to hyperbole.  

I hope he enjoyed the running clock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1