Corbin at Wayne County Predictions/Updates

Redhounds vs. Cardinals  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/23/2020 at 11:30 PM

You couldn't blame Tom Greer for not sleeping much this week. Greer's a defensive guy at heart, and even if he wasn't with Corbin (4-1, #5 in 4A) last year, he surely knows what Braedon Sloan did to the Redhounds in the playoffs in 2019. The Mr. Football candidate scorched the field for 408 yards and seven touchdowns to send Corbin home with its earliest playoff exit in six years. If you add in Sloan's production from the regular season contest, also a Wayne County (2-2, #6 in 4A) win, you're looking at nearly seven hundred yards of total offense from the "Wayne County Wonder".

With the talent on offense at Corbin's disposal, it's understandable that most of the focus surrounding the Redhounds would center on that side of the ball, but Corbin's defense has outshined the offense in recent weeks, allowing one score apiece to quality opposition in Knox Central and Lincoln County. That side of the ball appears much better suited to at least contain Sloan, compared to last year.

Chances are, Sloan is going to make plays, because he's just that good. But Corbin can't allow him to do as he pleases like he did a year ago. This is a pivotal game for the Redhounds. A win clinches home field for the first two rounds of the postseason.

4j24d0.thumb.jpg.f3a3f8ef775ee2ed1e906dfc2effe6a9.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2020 at 3:59 PM, Cheese said:

No, it won’t matter. Kids know what’s at stake. Not enough fans to make a difference in my opinion either. 

I can why a first road game could be complicated for a team since the protocols for travel are different this season. However, your point about a lack of fans in the stands is a good counter-argument.

8 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Was it tonight or Friday night?

Yea... been a long week. It’s tonight. Looking forward to a good matchup. Anyone know if there will be a video link for the game? Saw there will be no public ticket sales, family only.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WCardinal said:

Yea... been a long week. It’s tonight. Looking forward to a good matchup. Anyone know if there will be a video link for the game? Saw there will be no public ticket sales, family only.

I know Corbin has done their home games on a Pay Per View link this year so they might take it on the road.

Sloan embarrassed the Corbin defense last year.

If he does it again after a year to prepare, I have to think there will be some major angst in Redhound Country with the defense minded Coach Greer.

Just a storyline to follow.

I think Corbin is better than last season and have had this one circled, Sloan makes plays, but in the end I will take Corbin 28-20