Mask or No Mask

Voice of Reason

Mask or No Mask  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Mask or No Mask

• Mask
    • No Mask

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2020 at 09:49 PM

11 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

You don’t have to go all the way to Fairfax, VA to see this. I know for a fact that it’s happening in at least a few schools locally. And there are college students struggling as well. 

I agree, I watched/read about a litany of reports all with similar negative outcomes.

From memory, I think I saw one report from Alabama where 5000 students have not logged on at all to online learning. 

Kids not being in class and educated properly is an absolute disaster.

• Like 1

This pandemic should forever destroy the idea that the future of education is online.

Also, where is the accountability in all of this?  Teachers are doing what they can in light of the circumstances but if students and their parents don't get them to engage then its all for naught.  This idea that education only happens in schools needs to stop and accountability needs to return back to all stakeholders, not just schools or teachers which has sadly been ignored since NCLB and the "accountability" movement began in the 1990s.

Lots of systematic issues have been exposed by this pandemic and I hope policymakers don't forget about them when it's all over.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2020 at 2:34 PM, theguru said:

In Fairfax County Virginia they found that since remote learning began in March, the number of F’s earned by middle and high school students has jumped 83 percent.

https://go.boarddocs.com/vsba/fairfax/Board.nsf/files/BVJV847F7247/$file/Q1 Marks Rpt - v6 lzh.pdf

I watched some other reports that were equally disturbing.

On 11/28/2020 at 4:37 PM, rjs4470 said:

You don’t have to go all the way to Fairfax, VA to see this. I know for a fact that it’s happening in at least a few schools locally. And there are college students struggling as well. 

On 11/28/2020 at 4:50 PM, theguru said:

I agree, I watched/read about a litany of reports all with similar negative outcomes.

From memory, I think I saw one report from Alabama where 5000 students have not logged on at all to online learning. 

Kids not being in class and educated properly is an absolute disaster.

From the it is hitting close to home files WDRB filed an open records request and found the following:

Through open records requests, WDRB learned Jefferson County Public Schools has seen a staggering rise in failing grades with school closed since March. The district of roughly 100,000 students recorded more than 64,000 Fs or failing grades in the first six weeks of this school year.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/crisis-in-the-classroom-jcps-students-on-nti-record-more-than-60-000-failing-grades/article_028ee980-4384-11eb-b580-d7e904e39f27.html

Our children need to be back in school immediately!

• Like 1