Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/16/2020 at 11:00 PM

1 hour ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

Haven’t looked but is this game on TV anywhere for us outside the gaters to watch?

Perhaps your local Pub is doing the pay per view. If so, I will buy dumpster wings at PeeWees, my treat this time. We can get the four boys and wear our Highlands jerseys and sit at the Colonel Corner table and drink some suds...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Perhaps your local Pub is doing the pay per view. If so, I will buy dumpster wings at PeeWees, my treat this time. We can get the four boys and wear our Highlands jerseys and sit at the Colonel Corner table and drink some suds...

Make sure you get that on video for us and share.  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Calpreps says: Highlands 13 Cov Cath 21. 

And with that outcome, this would be an incredible moral victory by the administration at Highlands...which is really really troubling.

Like I stated earlier, should be a mute issue.

3 hours ago, BEChargers said:

I can't think of a reason to think Highlands will give them a go this Friday except that it's HHS/CCH.  These kinds of games can produce some shockers......but not this Friday.  I'll take CC by 3 scores. 

Here is a reason to consider. Covington Catholic is not as talented nor as good as they have been the last 3 or 4 years.

• Like 1

What is the story of the Cov Cath OLine from last year to this year? I know they've been stacked upfront for years. How much did they lose to graduation? Is the OLine this year young, small, big or the same as past years? Also don't know much about the RB Nally, is he power, speed or balanced? Is the 7'-20" TE going to play? 

10 hours ago, El Diablo said:

What is the story of the Cov Cath OLine from last year to this year? I know they've been stacked upfront for years. How much did they lose to graduation? Is the OLine this year young, small, big or the same as past years? Also don't know much about the RB Nally, is he power, speed or balanced? Is the 7'-20" TE going to play? 

The offensive line looks like the others in recent years, at least to me anyway. CovCath seems to prefer lighter, fitter, athletic linemen. They did lose a lot of experience from last year. Someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they returned a single starter up front.

And I, too, would be interested in an update on Skyler Schmidt. He'll be a huge addition to this team, both figuratively and literally, when (and if ) he becomes eligible. 

Since Eviston's been there, CovCath's never had an extra week of prep for Highlands, so a new offensive wrinkle or two wouldn't surprise me. This is one of the elite coaching staffs in the state with two weeks to game plan. They've looked better on that side of the ball in their last two games, but against teams with a combined record of 2-8. If the offense reverts to the stagnance of Weeks 1 and 2, maybe we see something new to jump start things?

41 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

The offensive line looks like the others in recent years, at least to me anyway. CovCath seems to prefer lighter, fitter, athletic linemen. They did lose a lot of experience from last year. Someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they returned a single starter up front.

And I, too, would be interested in an update on Skyler Schmidt. He'll be a huge addition to this team, both figuratively and literally, when (and if ) he becomes eligible. 

Offensive line usually has some size. Defensive line they often have kids under 200 lb.

15 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

Line returns 2 starters. Dickhouse seems to be the Veteran on the line.  Dietz at center I believe is listed at 6’3 290. Eplan and Shram and Eplan up the guards which are quick.  They all seem to have good size. As far as the big fella goes I have watched a few games on various outlets and I have not seen a 6’8 kid on the sidelines.  I am curios on the status of that guy.  He would for sure make the TV games much more interesting. I would think a 6’9 dude would be easy to spot on first.

• Like 1