Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/16/2020 at 11:00 PM

On 10/14/2020 at 7:59 AM, El Diablo said:

What is the story of the Cov Cath OLine from last year to this year? I know they've been stacked upfront for years. How much did they lose to graduation? Is the OLine this year young, small, big or the same as past years? Also don't know much about the RB Nally, is he power, speed or balanced? Is the 7'-20" TE going to play? 

I never thought that CovCath had been stacked on the OLine recently. I thought they had some good players, but most of the value added to the offense was from the skill guys that they had. This year I think they’re ok to slightly above average. Definitely a drop off from last year, but that’s to be expected when you lose an FCS player in Jones. 

The backs are ok as well, but they really miss the type of player that Stava (no longer on the team) was hyped up to be for years. We haven’t been able to run the ball well vs the good teams on the schedule, so we’ll see if that turns around on Friday.  

On 10/13/2020 at 9:25 PM, Sweeperboy said:

Perhaps your local Pub is doing the pay per view. If so, I will buy dumpster wings at PeeWees, my treat this time. We can get the four boys and wear our Highlands jerseys and sit at the Colonel Corner table and drink some suds...

Peewee would not care for that.

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Multiple days to Install 1 play? Well that explains why Highlands only has 6 or 7 plays. Some of the stuff he says is maddening. Highlands has had a Football in their hands working out from Dec to March. Don't let him fool you. It's called a Fieldhouse. They have been running plays up until the days they were shut down but the District. To say that they haven't done anything because of Covid is a complete joke. Doesn't surprise me. He blamed the one season on No Spring Football because the new Football Field turf was being installed during that period. Wow! Highands does have other options in town as in a Turf Soccer complex. Should of thought outside the box that year. With Lights and Turf you can practice around other teams. Excuses, excuses. Good luck Birds but mark it down, Brian Weinrich will have some type of Corona excuse to back his claim up when he doesn't finish the season as strong as some people think they will. Their wins were Conner and Boone Co. OMG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

Multiple days to Install 1 play? Well that explains why Highlands only has 6 or 7 plays. Some of the stuff he says is maddening. Highlands has had a Football in their hands working out from Dec to March. Don't let him fool you. It's called a Fieldhouse. They have been running plays up until the days they were shut down but the District. To say that they haven't done anything because of Covid is a complete joke. Doesn't surprise me. He blamed the one season on No Spring Football because the new Football Field turf was being installed during that period. Wow! Highands does have other options in town as in a Turf Soccer complex. Should of thought outside the box that year. With Lights and Turf you can practice around other teams. Excuses, excuses. Good luck Birds but mark it down, Brian Weinrich will have some type of Corona excuse to back his claim up when he doesn't finish the season as strong as some people think they will. Their wins were Conner and Boone Co. OMG

Tell us how you really think BD. 

• Haha 2

On 10/12/2020 at 12:55 PM, El Diablo said:

Best rivalry in the state in my opinion, CWB's write up summed it up pretty good. Cov Cath week had a totally different feel from the rest of the season.   I am reminded of a conversation between Ricky Bobby and Jean Girard.... Cov Cath needs Highlands, and Highlands needs Cov Cath. These two programs of similar size and values have boosted each other to higher levels than they would be at if the other program did not exist. That's is what truly makes this rivalry great.

I am excited about this one. Over the past 3 or 4 years it seemed like a tall order for Highlands to even get this game close.  2018 at Highlands it was a pretty close game, but that is it.  All the other games have been pretty rough blowouts. Prior to that the last close games were in 2015 which was kind of the changing of the guard year between the two programs. I hope that this game is at least a close, competitive, fun to watch game. My brain says Cov Cath by 7 or so, but my heart says it's a toss-up game that will be decided in the last minute. I hope my birds are hungry for this one and play like they have nothing to lose. 

I love the Ricky Bobby/Jean Girard mention and my heart says the Birds win!

• Like 1