Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity at St. Xavier Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 33 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

For the first time in decades this game will be played on campus at St.X and will seem bizarre playing in front of 1200 fans when normally will be attended by anywhere between 10,000 and 20,000 depending on the weather. #1. Trinity will roll in (2-0) after dominating #2 Male 43-14. #5 St.X (0-1) is coming off a bye week, and after being blanked by Bowling Green the week before faces a ferocious Trinity defense. Can the Tigers refocus their offense and make this a competitive game or does Trinity make it another running clock victory?

Last 5 years results:

2019: Trinity 35-3

2018: St.X 21-7

2017: Trinity 28-0, Trinity 38-21

2016: Trinity 35-13, Trinity 24-14

2015: Trinity 20-15, Trinity 34-7

 


image.thumb.png.7ef1811201cd95e8a1c2baf91dd18417.png

  • Replies 215
  • Views 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Tigerpride94
    Tigerpride94

    Strange times seeing this on campus. A first in my lifetime.

  • I like my Tigers but I think we are a year away.  

  • My buddy called me within 5 minutes of the announcement. "Hey man, aren't you leaving for Florida thursday?"  "Yes, you can have my ticket" Luckily I have NFHS, so i can watch the game

Posted Images

Trinity. Big.

There will come a day when the pendulum of this series swings back in X's favor, but I'm afraid this will not be that day. 

  • Author

This special group of Trinity seniors beat St.X’s seniors back when freshman in 2016: 38-6 and 42-0 and I see a similar result in this game.

While I voted for St. X in poll I just don’t see how they will have enough on either side of the ball to compete with Trinity this year. Pooler will have to make quick, accurate decisions in the passing game if St. X has hopes of pulling off the upset. Add in the fact that I don’t see St. X being able to stop Trinity from scoring, this will likely be one of the more dominant performances by Trinity against St. X. 
 

Anything can happen, but I don’t think St.X is ready to compete with Trinity just yet this year. 

5 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

While I voted for St. X in poll I just don’t see how they will have enough on either side of the ball to compete with Trinity this year. Pooler will have to make quick, accurate decisions in the passing game if St. X has hopes of pulling off the upset. Add in the fact that I don’t see St. X being able to stop Trinity from scoring, this will likely be one of the more dominant performances by Trinity against St. X. 
 

Anything can happen, but I don’t think St.X is ready to compete with Trinity just yet this year. 

Then why did you pick X?

This could be similar to the 2010 regular season. Trinity lost 34-10 in the state Championship in 09, and reciprocated with 48-0 victory the next season. X is down, Rocks are way up. Trinity is averaging 43.5 pts per game after 2 games, while giving up 7 pts per game. Shamrocks roll.

T- 47

X- 7 

I like my Tigers but I think we are a year away.

 

Trinity in a running clock this year. 

Trinity by three scores. 

12 hours ago, NLTanker1 said:

Then why did you pick X?

Maybe he thinks it is still 2009.  LOL

I look for Trinity to shutout StX, with a running clock early in the 3rd quarter. Beatty will show no mercy, which may very well be his last game against their rival. X could very easily win just 1 game in this shortened season. 

I think it could actually be a  running clock this year. Trinity is very good.

I don't see a running clock.   From what I've seen of T this year (just the first game on TV), I don't think the Rocks' passing game is  quite up to last year's standards yet....  with Miller and Racculia (sp) graduated.   Likewise for the OL.   Do I think they will eventually get to where they were last year?   Yes.   On the other hand I do not think T's running backs  -  Tucker and West  -  get the credit they deserve.   Tucker is a track guy and is hard to catch if he gets loose.  He runs very hard.  West is tough and  shifty.

Trinity's defense is really good IMO and they can shut down most teams.   Two of their best players were out with injuries against Male.   I don't know their status for the X game.

Having followed this rivalry for many decades I feel that blowouts are not the norm.   Both teams will want this game bad.

If people were responding to my post, I did not pick my Tigers to win. I said that I liked them. You must have missed the English grammar class on conjunctions, like "but" which was in the sentence.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.