How do you like your steak cooked?

Randy Parker

How do you like your steak cooked?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your steak cooked?

While I generally agree with this, their can be exceptions, and sometimes I just want a steak even though I know it's not going to be the best one I've ever had. Every now and then I don'

For me Cracker Barrel has a pretty tasty sirloin that I get with one of their breakfast meals. I was pleasantly surprised the first time I order it. A little touch of A1 and some Cholula for the eggs and I'm happy every time.

And speaking of Cholula, is there anything better at all that you can add to eggs.

Absolutely, Frank’s. Can’t eat eggs without it.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Texas Roadhouse is undefeated when it comes to steaks that aren't from high-end steakhouses.

Texas Roadhouse is very good, except I can rarely get in there when I want to. If you don’t do call ahead and get on the waitlist be prepared to wait at least an hour. The one in Fort Wright is usually slammed from the minute they open. Longhorn is pretty solid too. Ive been in some other similar, local restaurants that are modeled after Roadhouse that are decent too.

We still have a Jeff Ruby gift card that we’ve been wanting to use, and it’s hard to beat that experience.

With you here. Could not tell you the last time I ordered a steak at a typical run of the mill (chain) restaurant. Honestly, I am skeptical about Texas Road House or Longhorn. Morton's, The Palm, etc. are steakhouse chains I can get behind.

I would give TR or Longhorn a shot. I’ve never had a bad steak at either. If you’re expecting Ruby’s or Ruth Chris, you’ll be disappointed. But for the value those 2 places can’t be beat.

Texas Roadhouse is very good, except I can rarely get in there when I want to. If you don’t do call ahead and get on the waitlist be prepared to wait at least an hour. The one in Fort Wright is usually slammed from the minute they open. Longhorn is pretty solid too. Ive been in some other similar, local restaurants that are modeled after Roadhouse that are decent too.

We still have a Jeff Ruby gift card that we’ve been wanting to use, and it’s hard to beat that experience.

You can’t beat Ruby’s. I’ve eaten a lot of steak in my short time on this earth, but I’ve still yet to find something better. Just everything about it is perfect imo. If I could plan my death, it would be after I take the last bite of my steak at one of Ruby’s restaurants.

You can’t beat Ruby’s. I’ve eaten a lot of steak in my short time on this earth, but I’ve still yet to find something better. Just everything about it is perfect imo. If I could plan my death, it would be after I take the last bite of my steak at one of Ruby’s restaurants.

My wife and I usually do Ruby’s once or twice a year. I prefer Carlo&Johnnys but the other two are still extremely good.

It depends on the cut as to time and temp. I purchased some 2 inch thick ribeyes last Saturday. I like ribeyes just a hair over medium-rare, 139 degrees. They came out perfectly. Sirloins I will prefer at 137. Since I got my sous vide, I've never had a steak prepared at any restaurant better than I can do myself.