Biggest accomplishment in KY High School football?

stick1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to chime in here, all previously mentioned are fantastic acomplishements but what about Beechwood in the 90's:

State Champs 91, 92, 93, 94 lost by one in finals in 95, won again in 96 and 97 beat in the semi's in 98 and won again in 99.

This is why they were voted team of the decade winning 7 out of the ten yrs in the 90's.

• 7 years later...

Since mcpapa made the comment about resurrecting old threads....it's been 7 1/2 years since anyone contributed to this one. That's a lot of time for some SERIOUS changes in Kentucky high school football - particularly the change from 4 to 6 classes.

Anyone care to add some updated conjectures?

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

Cooper ever winning a single district game or ever being in the playoffs and then 2 years later the only team to be on the road 5 straight weeks in the post season and making it to the title game.

Henry Clay in 1995 and Bourbon Co. in 1997 were on the road 5 straight weeks to make the state championship game with Bourbon actually winning the 97 2A state title.

Purples Nacarius Fant statistically finishes as the 11th best receiver in America this past season. 14 games with nearly half of those games he was not targeted in 2nd half due to blowouts. If he would have been target in all 4 quarters in all 14 games he could have been way up the food chain!

Played for Lone Oak, set the record around 2008 or so.

It was the 2007 season that he did it in...I got a nice seat for the 38-35 state-semi game where the Flash beat my Raiders...Robinson was as good as I have ever seen.

Henry Clay in 1995 and Bourbon Co. in 1997 were on the road 5 straight weeks to make the state championship game with Bourbon actually winning the 97 2A state title.

Bourbon County wasn't on the road for five consecutive weeks. They won at Corbin and Boyle in the first two rounds, then hosted #4 seed Lexington Catholic in the regional final before hosting Lawrence County in the semi-state. Bourbon would then beat Owensboro Catholic in Louisville for the state championship. So they actually played two road games and two home games.