Conner 78 Beechwood 59 (9th Region Quarterfinal)

Game wasn’t as close as the 19 point margin. Conner controlled all aspects of the game. They moved the ball very well and when they do that, hard to beat! Looking forward to watching them and Highlands

Coaching....Coaching.....Coaching.....As I posted after the first time they played....Beechwood only needs to watch the film of their losses to understand why they underachieve. Conner did not take a bad shot all night. Patience...passing...motion offense....discipline...no forced shots. Beechwood seems to think only certain players should shoot......In all my years of watching basketball....the teams that win allow and expect the OPEN man to shoot. There is no pre-conceived idea of who should shoot. No running 20 seconds off the clock with no set play....only to let one player force a shot with no passing attempts. It is just BAD basketball. Congratulations to Conner. They are the better team.

Coaching....Coaching.....Coaching.....As i posted after the first time they played....Beechwood only needs to watch the film of their losses to understand why they underachieve. Conner did not take a bad shot all night. Patience...passing...motion offense....discipline...no forced shots. Beechwood seems to think only certain players should shoot......In all my years of watching basketball....the teams that win allow and expect the OPEN man to shoot. There is no pre-conceived idea of who should shoot. No running 20 seconds off the clock with no set play....only to let one player force a shot with no passing attempts. It is just BAD basketball. Congratulations to Conner. They are the better team.

Didn’t hear this at all last year when they were winning a lot and beat CCH twice. Interesting take all the sudden.