10th Region Coaches Association All-Region Teams

Wow! From this All Region list you would expect Robertson Co (5 All Region players) to not only be the top team in the region but one of the top teams in the state ������! I agree looks like Robertson Co who’s Coach is the President of the 10th Region Coaches Association and responsible for counting the votes may have gotten a little greedy!

That answers all I need to hear.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why do they not relate to a team's success?

You're a savvy basketball guy. I know you have observations and opinions on this that probably aren't dissimilar to mine. I asked open ended questions to our friend to parse his agenda.

Edited by Runcible Owl

Is it possible that honorable mention was given to each player who received one vote? And if so, each nominee was out there by their head coach. So basically Robertson County nominated each starter and each got at least one vote. I think that could be the scenario. And I don’t think that it calls for the hyperbolic reaction.

Edited by se7ens

You can search all player's stats that are on the list simply by going to the KHSAA Scoreboard and clicking the individual teams. Stats only include shooting and rebounding stats on the KHSAA reports. Coaches nominate their own players and list other stats beyond points/rebounds when doing so. From the list of nominees, each coach ranks 15 players but they can not vote for their own. That is how votes for First, Second, Third team are calculated. Any player that receives at least one vote but not enough votes to be in the top 15 is listed as an honorable mention.

You can search all player's stats that are on the list simply by going to the KHSAA Scoreboard and clicking the individual teams. Stats only include shooting and rebounding stats on the KHSAA reports. Coaches nominate their own players and list other stats beyond points/rebounds when doing so. From the list of nominees, each coach ranks 15 players but they can not vote for their own. That is how votes for First, Second, Third team are calculated. Any player that receives at least one vote but not enough votes to be in the top 15 is listed as an honorable mention.

That explains the long list of honorable mentions. Thanks

Below is Week 7 of the 10th Region Boys Basketball Media Rankings for February 17th. (17 voting members). Out beside each I put how many players each team got on an All Region team or honorable mention. Again, it seems very suspicious/odd that Robertson Co who’s considered 5th in this list gets more players voted for than any other team in the 10th.

1)Bourbon (3)

2)GRC (4)

3)Bishop Brossart (3)

4)Montgomery (2)

5)Robertson (5)

6)Campbell (2)

7)Mason (2)

8)Paris (2)

9)Pendleton (1)

10)Calvary (3)

11)Bracken (2)

12)Scott (3)

13)Augusta (1)

14)Harrison (0)

15)Nicholas (1)

16)Saint Patrick (1)

That answers all I need to hear.

Below is Week 7 of the 10th Region Boys Basketball Media Rankings for February 17th. (17 voting members). Out beside each I put how many players each team got on an All Region team or honorable mention. Again, it seems very suspicious/odd that Robertson Co who’s considered 5th in this list gets more players voted for than any other team in the 10th.

1)Bourbon (3)

2)GRC (4)

3)Bishop Brossart (3)

4)Montgomery (2)

5)Robertson (5)

6)Campbell (2)

7)Mason (2)

8)Paris (2)

9)Pendleton (1)

10)Calvary (3)

11)Bracken (2)

12)Scott (3)

13)Augusta (1)

14)Harrison (0)

15)Nicholas (1)

16)Saint Patrick (1)

Check out post #21.

Also, how about Scott and Cavalry each with 3 players? Do you find that suspicious?

Check out post #21.

Also, how about Scott and Cavalry each with 3 players? Do you find that suspicious?

It looks to me like the only people to blame for not having more kids from your team on the list is the head coach. The Robertson County, Scott and Calvary Christian coaches probably just nominated more players. Then all it took was for those players to have one good game in region to get that kid on the honorable mention.

It looks to me like the only people to blame for not having more kids from your team on the list is the head coach. The Robertson County, Scott and Calvary Christian coaches probably just nominated more players. Then all it took was for those players to have one good game in region to get that kid on the honorable mention.

Nope, it's a conspiracy right up there with the second gunman on the grassy knoll & the faked moon landing.