10th Region Coaches Association All-Region Teams

Wow this is absolute craziness. Coaches voting for these young men is the correct way to have this done. End of story. I’m an Augusta guy, we got one player on the 2nd, it is what it is. Schedules dictate how the voting happens. You vote for who you see. I’m sorry that we have 8 A teams in this region and more often than not a lot of the smaller schools don’t see the bigger schools to know much about their players. If it were me, I’d only vote for players that I got to see in action personally. Reputation can only get you so many votes. It’s not perfect, no process like this ever is but instead of arguing about it shake a kid’s hand or pat them on the back and tell them good job and good luck in the post season where we might see if these rankings hold up.

Schedules dictate how the voting happens? Do what? That should make no difference at all. It’s the best players in the region.

It’s not who played who.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish people/coaches/media would look deeper into the numbers before proclaiming a team is good because of their record or a player being good or one of the best in the region because he’s putting up good stats. Who you play should be considered and should weigh a lot in factoring who’s good.

For instance, someone mentioned Robertson Co having a good record (22-5) justifying their players getting the votes they did. If you look at KHSAA official RPI for the 10th Region you would see Robertson Co strength of Schedule is the worst out of all 16 teams in the region. Their Opponent’s Winning Percentage is 37%. Next to them is St Patrick at 41%. Only 8 teams in the Region played a schedule of OWP 50% or better.

The top 5 schedules in the region were:

1) Bourbon - 58%

2) Campbell - 56.7%

3) Montgomery - 56.4%

4) Scott - 56%

5) GRC - 56%

Just seems who you play should be factored into these votes! Things are not always what they seem!

Here’s the link to KHSAA RPI page. You can select the region from the drop down menu.

RPI Details | Kentucky High School Athletic Association

I wish the Khsaa would mandate that the entire region play each other once a year. This way each team sees everyone. It might help with these voting issues. I did say MIGHT.

There would be some really ugly games across the state if that was done.