January 26, 20206 yr Fair enough but we haven’t seen a rockstar since 2015 and that was the last final 4. 2+2 is still 4. I got you though, all good I’ll spell it out early into that season for now on. Not just UK though. That’s too easy. You can just say every year they won’t do it, unless we get the #1 class with 4-5 returning contributors. Spell out which team has that rock star class that’s going to do it all. Maybe then you’ll start to realize how much luck is involved in winning the championship.
January 26, 20206 yr Also @futurecoach you are so right, people tend to slowly walk into big win threads and flock to loss threads. I was honestly coming in win/loss tonight, because it was a freaking slug fest, what more can you ask for? Felt like an elite 8 battle! No doubt a great game. Besides the melt down at South Carolina after being up by 15. I have really liked what I have seen from them playing on the road. They just need to learn to close people out now, once they have that big lead.
January 26, 20206 yr He denied being the one who said it, but seemed to indicate that someone said it. I obviously don't know him personally but was a little surprised when I saw it. Seemed out of character and mistakes like that can happen, which is why there are multiple books. Cats might have been better if he had fouled out.
January 26, 20206 yr No doubt a great game. Besides the melt down at South Carolina after being up by 15. I have really liked what I have seen from them playing on the road. They just need to learn to close people out now, once they have that big lead. With a team that shoots free throws as well as they do, it's a little mind boggling that they close out the last ten mins of games so poorly. Some extremely poor shot selections and very ill-timed turnovers. Still got time to learn.
January 26, 20206 yr My only major concern (still lots of positives) is the number of just completely unforced turnovers. Just way too many and the announcers even keyed on it last night. Really gotta cut that down.
January 26, 20206 yr Almost the end of January. This is about the time we see UK under Cal get it together and start playing really good ball. I don't think they are there yet but good progress showing with this win. Nice to get a win against a ranked team in spite of 15 turnovers against 11 assists for the guards.
January 26, 20206 yr Almost the end of January. This is about the time we see UK under Cal get it together and start playing really good ball. I don't think they are there yet but good progress showing with this win. Nice to get a win against a ranked team in spite of 15 turnovers against 11 assists for the guards. I am sort of stunned they were able to beat such a quality opponent, in such a tough environment with as poor of an overall game from Maxey, poor offensive game from Hagans, and Quickley did play amazing, even though his points column would beg to differ.
January 26, 20206 yr Entertaining game to watch, TT fans are great!! Be great to see Rupp fans that involved.
January 26, 20206 yr Entertaining game to watch, TT fans are great!! Be great to see Rupp fans that involved. Agreed!
January 26, 20206 yr Entertaining game to watch, TT fans are great!! Be great to see Rupp fans that involved. That back and forth "wave" thing the crowd was doing kind made me dizzy at first......don't know that I've ever seen that before. Regardless, the fans were all into it.
January 26, 20206 yr Author Entertaining game to watch, TT fans are great!! Be great to see Rupp fans that involved. They might be if they were provided free beer before the game. Lol.
January 27, 20206 yr They might be if they were provided free beer before the game. Lol. There is something called host liquor liability relating to the provision of alcohol and a resulting, for instance, traffic accident. I suppose TTU had sufficient insurance coverage to cover this.
January 27, 20206 yr and Quickley did play amazing, even though his points column would beg to differ. He had 21?
January 27, 20206 yr My only major concern (still lots of positives) is the number of just completely unforced turnovers. Just way too many and the announcers even keyed on it last night. Really gotta cut that down. According to Cal, take away the charges and the turnovers were not all that bad. 6 of the turnovers were charges.
January 27, 20206 yr According to Cal, take away the charges and the turnovers were not all that bad. 6 of the turnovers were charges. How many of the remaining are when they catch the ball and shuffle their feet before their drive? Drives me nuts haha!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.